Superantispyware aquired by Support.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalShaun

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 3, 2011
Support.com has just aquired Superantispyware for $8.5 Million.You can read the anouncement Here

I really don't know what to think of this. I kind of liked that Superantispyware was a small company of talented people. On the other hand maybe this could lead to Superantispyware becoming a much greater product, who knows.

cheers
Shaun

Reactions: Ulikedat

TKFlight

May 19, 2011
I've never even heard of Support.com, and I've noticed that Superantispyware has lost its touch. Maybe this will make Superantispyware a better product.

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
The Superantispyware team will continue to develop their product, which now belongs to support.com. I never heard of this company so I guess we will have to wait and see what happens but I'm not too optimistic about this acquisitions.

G

Guest28

i see nothing good coming out of this. I to have never heard of support.com also W.O.T gives it a bad rating. http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/www.support.com

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
SAS has been doomed from the start. I used to keep it around strictly for Vundo. I imagine that there is nothing that SAS can do that MBAM cannot do.

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
Uniblue (avira is criticised for recommending their "rubbishy" products) is also a M$ Gold Certified Partner. Support.com products on Cnet don't get good reviews. (a post on wilders)

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
Avira's marketing of crummy products is one thing, but if they gradually allow their AV product to mimic the inferior tools that they are beginning to promote, I will drop them like a hot rock.

Ramblin

Level 3
May 14, 2011
ZOU1 said:
SAS has been doomed from the start. I used to keep it around strictly for Vundo. I imagine that there is nothing that SAS can do that MBAM cannot do.
I believe (might be wrong) MBAM don't go after cookies like SAS does.
Myself, I don't worry about cookies since I am always sandboxed and
they are gone every time I close my browser but most of the time that
I have run SAS on friends and relatives computers, SAS finds tons of
cookies. If you dont use Sandboxie and SAS finds cookies, flash stuff
when you run it, then maybe, you still need it.

I don't have SAS installed now, usually I install (virtualized) it when a
new version is out, run it once and then its gone from my system. Last
time I ran it was when version5 beta came out, it felt just fine.

I don't know if this change is going to be good but I hope it is.

Bo

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.