I have had serious problems since a few months ago when I downloaded a file, it installed the "Surf and Keep" adware, which I sort of got rid off, but this browser extension "aalchheapprice" or something kept popping up, then after a while another one called "WatcheItNoeAds2.7" appeared. I could remove the first one every time I booted Chrome but it kept coming back, the second one, however, is "installed by enterprise policy" and undeleteable, I eventually got rid of the first one by deleting something in program data and it hasn't yet reappeared, but I can't get rid of the second one. In addition, ever since the problem started, any random search (i.e. opening a new tab and typing something) will take me to the Tuvaro search instead of Google search. The "WatcheItNoeAds2.7" seems to create random links in website text.
- Operating System
- Windows Vista
- Are you using a 32-bit or 64-bit operating system?
- 32-bit (x86)
- Infection date and initial symptoms
Several months ago, lots of ads and unwanted extensions, browser search redirect
- Current issues and symptoms
- "WatcheItNoeAds 2.7" Chrome browser extension undeletable due to being "installed by enterprise policy", creates random links in website text. Browser search redirects to Tuvaro search when I open a new tab and type something (previously it would go to google search)
- Steps taken in order to remove the infection
- Uninstalled and deleted many files, tried programs adwcleaner, JRT Junkware remove, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (both quick and full scan), Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit BETA, Hitman Pro 3.7, Cloud System Booster, Farber Recovery Scan Tool, aswMBR, problem persists.
1.9 KB Views: 131
33.3 KB Views: 119
31.2 KB Views: 118