Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
In January, Surface with Windows 8 Pro will be available in two versions and pricing will start at $899:
  • 64GB standalone version at $899
    128GB standalone version at $999

Both versions will both include a Surface pen with Palm Block technology and include the ability to use a Touch Cover or Type Cover (sold separately).

Source / Read More...

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Yea, id say so. I think with prices like that im going to stick with the android tablets and keep windows for my laptop

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
I don't think so. You are getting a full version of Windows on a tablet for approx the same price of an ultrabook. Also this is an SSD according to what I remember

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Still a android tablet usually like $300/400 and windows 8 is only $150 to buy it from the store its still quite expensive

arsenaloyal

Level 3
Verified
Aug 6, 2012
this would be only useful to people who would want to run desktop softwares like Ofiice ,outlook and even a traditional windows setup.
So this is windows replacement for a notebook and a tablet as it can work as either one, should be good at certain price points.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
For a 128 GB version with a keyboard cover your,depending on the keyboard cover cost,close to or over $1100.As arsenaloyal pointed out these might really be useful to only a certain group of people.You could get an ultra thin laptop for cheaper.The touch screen is nice and I would personally prefer a tablet with windows but the price tag just doesnt make it work for me.I think I would go with the android tablet and the better price tag.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
imsoadude said:
Still a android tablet usually like $300/400 and windows 8 is only $150 to buy it from the store its still quite expensive

Dont forget the Surface with Windows RT that costs 500$. :)

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Thats true, i guess they are just trying to market it like a ultrabook would be marketed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.