Suspicious Android Application

marhendray

Level 1
Thread author
Nov 20, 2021
Hello MalwareTips members!

There is a suspicious application inside of my relative's android phone. It cannot be deleted or disabled much like a system app. I tried to upload its hash value on VirusTotal, Intezer, and Kaspersky Portal but no result whatsoever. So far, it only detected by Check Point.

Is there any information about this app?. I also upload the summary report from Check Point externally, since there is no option to upload pdf file here.

71418df6682e73f1059aeff4d53af55b

Thank you MalwareTips!

Reactions: vtqhtr413

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
That is Vivo's wallpaper app.

Since it's not detected by any scanners at VirusTotal, I'm sure it is safe. Note that the PDF you attached doesn't indicate if the app is malicious or not. It just lists things that are sometimes used by malware. But, legitimate apps can also exhibit the same behaviours.

Last edited:

marhendray

Level 1
Thread author
Nov 20, 2021
That is Vivo's wallpaper app.

Since it's not detected by any scanners at VirusTotal, I'm sure it is safe. Note that the PDF you attached doesn't indicate if the app is malicious or not. It just lists things that are sometimes used by malware. But, legitimate apps can also exhibit the same behaviours.
Very well, thank you.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.