I tried using an activator for microsoft office suite but I accidentally got the fake one and when I tried using it, it started downloading infectious files. I'am only using Windows Defender that time so I didn't notice that it was dangerous.
- Operating System
- Windows 10
- Are you using a 32-bit or 64-bit operating system?
- 64-bit (x64)
- Infection date and initial symptoms
2 days ago while it started consuming too much CPU and my browser is not working properly
- Current issues and symptoms
- there are processes in the task manager that are not known to me (picture above)
- Steps taken in order to remove the infection
- Already run MalwareBytes Anti-Malware and it cleaned-up many infectious files except it can't remove the svchost.exe, and currently running Zemana AntiMalware to prevent execution of svchost in SysWow64. Also tried running boot-scan of Avast but no changes.
- Logs added to Help Request
- FRST.txt, Addition.txt
50.8 KB Views: 69
59.8 KB Views: 69