Sven's Stable Config

Sven

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 5, 2013
Hello everyone! I've been using this config for a few months and I'm happy so far, and wanted to share with you. :) It's quite simple, yet powerful combination with Common Sense ;)

Thanks for spending time reading my config!
Sven Out.

P.S : I was using Avast! Free, which I was more than happy with, but I've decided to change it because I've won a free 1 year license of Emsisoft Anti-Malware, and its great too! ;) But I'd really recommend Avast! for the *builded-with-freebies* systems :)

Last edited:

tallorder

Level 6
Verified
Jan 15, 2015
Hello everyone! I've been using this config for a few months and I'm happy so far, and wanted to share with you. :) It's quite simple, yet powerful combination with Common Sense ;)

Thanks for spending time reading my config!
Sven Out.
Boy, wish I knew how to do that!! (your config). Am having a computer built, will be starting it soon, and I really wish I knew what to tell them! It is my (ex) brother-in-law and an award winning 'guru' who will be building, and all I know so far is that the discussion is about a dual-quad processor, one solid state and one..? They swear by Avast, however, so???

Sven

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 5, 2013
Boy, wish I knew how to do that!! (your config). Am having a computer built, will be starting it soon, and I really wish I knew what to tell them! It is my (ex) brother-in-law and an award winning 'guru' who will be building, and all I know so far is that the discussion is about a dual-quad processor, one solid state and one..? They swear by Avast, however, so???

Hello! :)

It's really not that much hard, you just have to be a little accustomed with softwares, and you need;
1- Knowledge about *for what reason they exist* and
2- Do I need it? if answer is Yes,
3- Which one? :)

The 3rd step is the most complex-seen part, but actually it's not a toughy, you just have to use a software that YOU decided, for a normal period (like a month), and see if it causes any troubles to you, or if it's a butter on bread. ;)

The hardware part of that discussion is more complex and need some *love* about computers and tech stuff :)

tallorder

Level 6
Verified
Jan 15, 2015
Hello! :)

It's really not that much hard, you just have to be a little accustomed with softwares, and you need;
1- Knowledge about *for what reason they exist* and
2- Do I need it? if answer is Yes,
3- Which one? :)

The 3rd step is the most complex-seen part, but actually it's not a toughy, you just have to use a software that YOU decided, for a normal period (like a month), and see if it causes any troubles to you, or if it's a butter on bread. ;)

The hardware part of that discussion is more complex and need some *love* about computers and tech stuff :)
Yes, it is the hardware part that seems to me, ...? more critical, at least before a build? But for that, I think the answer is having someone you trust, to build with best available, cost considered too, and then, GO!!

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Sven

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 5, 2013
Yes, it is the hardware part that seems to me, ...? more critical, at least before a build? But for that, I think the answer is having someone you trust, to build with best available, cost considered too, and then, GO!!

Yepyep! There will be steps like :

*-Desktop or Laptop? if answer is Desktop, then ;
1-Which parts do I need to build a PC
2-What do they work for?
3-Which brands are good for which parts?
4-List of the parts
5-Compare of price/performance tag
6-Purchase the parts and then build the desktop
etc.

I'd like to suggest this article about this discussion, please consider some amount of time for reading and getting what it tells :) Each lesson has its own sub-section. I hope you'll feel *ready-to-go* for a desktop soon ;)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@tallorder: Additionally what the things you need for a new computer? For heavy intensive gaming or casual browsing/productive works? So that you have a control to your budget for components. ;)

Reactions: tallorder

tallorder

Level 6
Verified
Jan 15, 2015
@tallorder: Additionally what the things you need for a new computer? For heavy intensive gaming or casual browsing/productive works? So that you have a control to your budget for components. ;)
Looking at desktop; I do have a laptop that will be able to be used for the occasional not at desk stuff... !!:oops:
not for gaming, just for normal, (boring) stuff... except that since we have a music store, I am often buying/bidding ebay- so need, multi, fast windows open at once and split seconds count. Need best choices of credit info security, good photo capabilities to load photos for selling, and much video, for music downloads, lessons, etc. Would prefer some way to do receipt and correspondence saving to a remote HD or Thumb driver or??? ( I don't even know the name for what this would be, but right now, I have 40-50 folders, one for each product or seller that we buy from.. So, also good business book keeping, but those are just some programs. We never have gaming time on here. However, during the summer, I do have 2 grand daughters for much of the summer, and they have really outgrown PBS kids...:D

tallorder

Level 6
Verified
Jan 15, 2015
Looking at desktop; I do have a laptop that will be able to be used for the occasional not at desk stuff... !!:oops:
not for gaming, just for normal, (boring) stuff... except that since we have a music store, I am often buying/bidding ebay- so need, multi, fast windows open at once and split seconds count. Need best choices of credit info security, good photo capabilities to load photos for selling, and much video, for music downloads, lessons, etc. Would prefer some way to do receipt and correspondence saving to a remote HD or Thumb driver or??? ( I don't even know the name for what this would be, but right now, I have 40-50 folders, one for each product or seller that we buy from.. So, also good business book keeping, but those are just some programs. We never have gaming time on here. However, during the summer, I do have 2 grand daughters for much of the summer, and they have really outgrown PBS kids...:D They would be happy to occasionally watch a video or movie!
Can you see what I am fighting right now? My speed test!!! Wish I knew how to post this better.., sorry guys and gals...

http://malwaretips.com/threads/post...pingtest-net-results.2771/page-14#post-344835

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.