Not open for further replies.

Svoll

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
Trying a customized build image of Win10 and hardware firewall for 2017.
Also testing Zero day detection between Kaspersky and Bitdefender. Will test each for 1 week.

Svoll

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
Thanks Roboman, didn't expect to get a Secured Tag that quickly! Still analyzing the packages between Server 2016, LTSB, and Enterprise to see what else I can remove without compatibility issues along with testing different AV's.

Svoll

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
I20wJ
Good config @Svoll !

Thanks for sharing. :)

SMB has always been a part of my OS that I always forget to give credit to it. Its almost a no brainer to have it on any of my system and I also have no brain to neglect to put it on my security config. My Apologizies!

Last edited:

Svoll

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
Thank you for SMB and how it is such an important part of my system fortication. I was gonna do a simple guide on how to lockdown your system but unsure where to post such a guide.

Shadow Mode on 99% of the time with 1 removable drive/folder excluded from shadowmode which is protected by SMB. On the folder/drive protected by SMB, map all work, documents, snapshots, etc.... daily usage stuff.. to it. Upon reboot, system is restored to the way it was, with all works saved. Once a month, exit shadow mode, patch tuesday and back to shadow mode. Portable Xvirus and CrystalSecurity when I playing with malware or looking at interesting pictures =) I am a sucker for clickbait.....:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.