swap05in sys config

H

hjlbx

Hello,

Kaspersky Anti-Virus or Kaspersky Internet Security?

Just a suggestion...

Change from IOBit Malware Fighter to MalwareBytes Free

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Any extensions installed to your browser? If not for optimize you may add Adguard for adblocker/malware protection and Lastpass (if holding many passwords for your login and store them securely)

UAC (User Account Control) is pretty much the first line of defense in Windows where you will be notify for applications wanted to access fully in higest privilege, this will prevent any applications to run without your consent so default settings is fine already.

Backup? External HDD/USB alongside with program like built in Windows may do already so that you can prepare in case of any emergency happen to your computer.

;)

FireShootSK

Level 17
Verified
Feb 17, 2015
Replace Iobit. Use better scanners example Zemana Anti-Malware, HerdProtect and Emsisoft Emergency kit.If you have disabled UAC enable it. UAC is important.
What version of Kaspersky u use? AV or IS?
If you do not backup files use cloud to backup important files(example documents). I recommend Dropbox. :)

Reactions: tonibalas
H

hjlbx

HerdProtect

HerdProtect is still a beta. Can mis-behave on some systems.

Last time I used it, the scanner was using signatures up to two weeks old... really bad news. Not sure if HerdProtect will use most up-to-date signatures. It depends upon their arrangement with AV vendors.

HerdProtect is not best option.

EEK is much better alternative. That way you get both Kaspkersy and BitDefender signatures.

Reactions: silversurfer

FireShootSK

Level 17
Verified
Feb 17, 2015
HerdProtect is still a beta. Can mis-behave on some systems.

Last time I used it, the scanner was using signatures up to two weeks old... really bad news. Not sure if HerdProtect will use most up-to-date signatures. It depends upon their arrangement with AV vendors.

HerdProtect is not best option.

EEK is much better alternative. That way you get both Kaspkersy and BitDefender signatures.
U have right but i use HerdProtect long time and i do not have any problems. Only have a lot false positives. I write only tips to alternative ;)

H

hjlbx

U have right but i use HerdProtect long time and i do not have any problems. Only have a lot false positives. I write only tips to alternative ;)

I did not criticize your post... just pointing out that HerdProtect can mis-behave on some systems.

Old signatures is a known issue. Not sure if it will ever be fixed.

I did not mean to offend you.

Alexstrasza

Level 4
Verified
Mar 18, 2015
My suggestion is probably redundant, but please remove iOBit Malware Fighter (it sucks imho) and replace it with a trustworthy alternative such as Malwarebytes Anti-Malware or Emsisoft Anti-Malware (I prefer to use EAM instead of EEK, because if you have a license later you can activate EAM and gain additional protection alongside Kaspersky).

Be noted that both MBAM and EAM consider Torch a PUP though, so if you need to reinstall Torch for some reason then you'll have to whitelist the installer, or set PUP detection to Warn users about detection (MBAM)/Alert (EAM).

Also you should turn on UAC (use the Default option at least).

Have you considered adding a 2nd browser and some extensions? They'll help keeping your machine from getting infected again.

FireShootSK

Level 17
Verified
Feb 17, 2015
I did not criticize your post... just pointing out that HerdProtect can mis-behave on some systems.

Old signatures is a known issue. Not sure if it will ever be fixed.

I did not mean to offend you.
OK, you dont criticize me post. :) Every member have option. :) anyway i use primary Linux. :)

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Add another browser in case you have a problem with Torch.
Thanks for sharing your config.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.