Swedish Lucia for Dummies

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015

Quote : " Lucia is celebrated on 13 December. Sankta Lucia ( St. Lucy’s Day ) is celebrated most commonly in Scandinavia, where it is a major feast day. Here in Scandinavia, she is represented as a woman in a white dress and red sash with a crown or wreath of candles on her head. In Sweden, girls dressed as Lucia ( Lucy ) carry rolls and cookies in procession as songs are sung. Boys take part in the procession as well, playing different roles associated with Christmas. "

Happy Lucia!

Transhumana

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
I've seen luciatåget couple of times and heard some songs like Staffansvisan or Midnatt råder (if I remember correctly). And of course, it wouldn't be fair not to mention the other fun part of Swedish Lucia - warm glögg, accompanied with some pepparkakor and lussekatter. :D

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
Are you one of the animals who became possessed because you can talk and you are a polar bear :p I could never be a "Lucia" as it states you must like children (horrible little monster things they are) sheesh, they make me shudder :eek:

And of course, it wouldn't be fair not to mention the other fun part of Swedish Lucia - warm glögg, accompanied with some pepparkakor and lussekatter. :D

Now that part, i could embrace especially the glögg. ;)

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Are you one of the animals who became possessed because you can talk and you are a polar bear :p I could never be a "Lucia" as it states you must like children (horrible little monster things they are) sheesh, they make me shudder :eek:

jhIgqH6O_o.gif

Best glögg tips and a way to better deal with those little monsters lol...as sayed in the video " watch it like a hawk so it dosen't boil or the Lucia wont be as much fun! :giggle:

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
@upnorth, i will just drink copious amounts of glögg and i won't even notice any children :LOL:

I bet you would have loved my version which is spiked with some vodka and/or schnapps, depending what I have in the cupboard at the moment. :cool:

Remember i said i disliked you ? Well just forget all that rubbish talk now my little green friend because you said the magic word ..... VODKA
woohoo-jumping-smiley-emoticon.gif

Transhumana

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
@upnorth, i will just drink copious amounts of glögg and i won't even notice any children :LOL:

Remember i said i disliked you ? Well just forget all that rubbish talk now my little green friend because you said the magic word ..... VODKA
woohoo-jumping-smiley-emoticon.gif
I'm well aware that the good quality alcohol is the crucial element while trying to win people over. :LOL:

And we've turned the lovely Sankta Lucia thread into Bacchanalia festivities, sorry
@upnorth
:censored:

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
Yesterday I bought one which was already planted and started growing and it took only few hours for my cat to eat and demolish at least one-quarter of it. :LOL:
My dog loves Christmas wheat! When I put it under the Christmas tree, she is constantly sneaking around it like I don't see her. When I'm not looking, she eats it. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Transhumana

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
My dog loves Christmas wheat! When I put it under the Christmas tree, she is constantly sneaking around it like I don't see her. When I'm not looking, she eats it. :ROFLMAO:

lol :D My sister's dog seems to prefer chewing Christmas moss to Christmas wheat. My cat, on the other hand, is a wheat fan and the designated destroyer of all the ornaments.

@upnorth Never tried that combo, but I believe it might work :D

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.