Windows Edition
Pro
Log-in security
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
Kaspersky Total Security 20.0.14.1085(d)
Firewall security
About custom security
- File Anti-Virus Heuristics set to Medium instead of Low
-Turned ON Detect legal softwares that often used by criminals to damage in Web Anti-Virus
-Trust Group for unknown applications==>UNTRUSTED
Periodic malware scanners
Norton Power Eraser, Zemana AM, Malwarebytes
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Google Chrome: IDM Integration Module, NoScript, uBlock Origin with Nano Defender, NetCraft
Maintenance tools
Wise Care 365 PRO(from giveaway), CCleaner Portable
File and Photo backup
Google Drive, MEGA
System recovery
AOMEI Backupper Pro
Risk factors
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Streaming audio/video content from shady sites
    • Browsing to unknown / untrusted / shady sites
    • Working from home
Computer specs
ASUS X452LDV
Intel Core i3 4030u @1.9GHz
NVIDIA Gt820m
500 GB HDD
DDR3L 4GB RAM

Larry Oxford

Sep 9, 2019
I've just got a LG Aristo plus cell phone and all of y'all are talking all this computer stuff. How do I get some of these programs for my android phone?

Just got a new cumulative update yesterday, Windows updated to build number 18362.356 :)

I used Bitdefender for many, many years. I just installed it and then never bothered to ever look in the tray icon or open its GUI. I just renewed its license when it was due.

Syafiq

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2017
I used Bitdefender for many, many years. I just installed it and then never bothered to ever look in the tray icon or open its GUI. I just renewed its license when it was due.
Agreed, I like the new 2020 version, it feels to be lighter. But the memory usage is still the main problem :)

Reactions: harlan4096

Agreed, I like the new 2020 version, it feels to be lighter. But the memory usage is still the main problem :)

It depends upon physical memory. Of course for anyone running an i3, 2 GB RAM and 5200 rmp HDD it is going to be a swap-file problem.

If you have enough free RAM to accommodate up to 1 GB RAM use by Bitdefender, then there is no need to worry (or to switch if the thing works well for you).

All browsers routinely now use 1 to 2 GB RAM, so worrying about security software that uses 500 to 800 GB RAM is a waste of your time. Just let it be.

Anyone using Windows 10 needs 8 GB RAM as a bare minimum. 12 GB is better. And don't listen to Microsoft with its minimum hardware standards. If you use their minimum hardware, then you'll be rowing a bath tub that goes nowhere.

Syafiq

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2017
UPDATE!!
Reinstalled Win10 due to show/hide desktop icons problem
Installed: Kaspersky Total Security 20.0.14.1085(d), Got a patch D instantly :p
Removed: Bitdefender Total Security 2020, It had been improved though, But i liked Kaspersky more than Bitdefender :D

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.