Troubleshoot Synaptics Pointing Device Driver show in Control Panel but i don't have it?

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Can't uninstall this random applications
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
None.
Okay, i have a custom build PC by myself and i don't own any Synaptics products at all. But today, it show " Synaptics Pointing Device Driver in my control panel, and i try to uninstall. However, it keeps saying " There was a problem starting C:\Program Files\ Synaptics\SynTP\SynlDLL.dll". I try to search the entire folder inside Program files but is unable to find. What i try next is the search box on file explorer, and the result is none. So any help?

Also, i didn't install any Synaptics Pointing Device Driver at all. It just randomly show up on Control Panel today.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Which Razer product are you using, include screen size and year?
What OS are you running?

You can try uninstalling and installing the latest drivers from Razer Support - Downloads
For Razer Systems- Razer Support

In one the products FAQ, it mentions this:
When my Razer Blade Pro comes out of the sleep or standby mode, the track pad does not work. How can I fix this? If you experience this problem, wait for the dialog box titled "Synaptics Touchpad Enhancements" to appear. Then, press and hold the "alt" key and then press the "tab" key to activate the dialog box.

Synaptics drivers are used on Razer laptops, and may come pre-installed.

Reactions: SloppyMcFloppy
Upvote 0

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
Thanks for all the helps and suggestions guy. It seems like my brother mess up my PC and now i can't uninstall this stupid software and my software desktop shortcut icons is missing as well, and other Microsoft files are missing and corrupt. Now, i will reinstall Windows 10.

Lesson #2: Don't let anyone use your PC without you watching them.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.