System Backups - Which software do you use?

MTUser

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Sep 11, 2014
Hi all,

I want to ask all MT users, which software they use to backup their system, specialy the people with SSD's since system restore points are disabled by default when you have an SSD and that's a big problem when you have problems with your system and you need to go back some hours/days.

Right now I use the "backup and restore" option on Windows because it's free, but maybe there is a better free option... What do you recommend?

Thanks ;)

Engage

Oct 19, 2015
Backup and restore is much better than no backups and auto-installed with Windows which does really help. If you want something a bit more powerful, you may be interested in Acronis True Image 2016 (it supports full disk image backup and restoring and also compatible with Windows 10).

If you're looking for a free alternative of a third party software for system backups then feel free to check out Paragon Backup & Recovery (free version) or EaseUS Todo Backup (free). Paid solutions with those third party software are also available.

Reactions: frogboy

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
I personally use Acronis True Image (current version: 2016) especially because of their excellent bootable recovery/backup disc.
I backup individual files manually, however when I want to create a full image of my system, I use their bootable disc.

And of course, there sure are free alternative solutions, like EaseUS Todo Backup Free or Macrium Reflect Free.

Reactions: frogboy

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.