omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
System Mechanic 14 is good but its paid version...

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
I'm not sure if System Mechanics has ever fixed the issues with randomly trashing Windows.
All I know is that it trashed my older system twice and I never looked back again after having to reinstall Windows to fix the problems.

I always try to avoid most system maintenance tools and do everything manually that way if a issue comes up I will know what caused it. I don't like anything automatically making changes to Windows.

Enjoy!! :D

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
I'm not sure if System Mechanics has ever fixed the issues with randomly trashing Windows.
All I know is that it trashed my older system twice and I never looked back again after having to reinstall Windows to fix the problems.

I always try to avoid most system maintenance tools and do everything manually that way if a issue comes up I will know what caused it. I don't like anything automatically making changes to Windows.

Enjoy!! :D

It's not just you, my past use with this on other PCs (not my own) has proved that System Mechanic is very aggressive in what it touches.
Negative side effects as a result of using this software, these days for maintenance I'll do most things manually and for the rest free software does the job just fine.

Thanks.

Reactions: Littlebits

Neno

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 4, 2012
Right now I cannot go in depth with it, so I shall try to be brief. In the begging it did well. Lags I've been experiencing with few of the programs I often use was completely neutralized (trough its process tuning part), but after some time (few days) it started to experience some trouble with its memory optimizing routine. When you run few processes that use a large amount of ram and have to be executed in the same/similar time SM starts to act a little bit confused (creates big lags) which you can avoid by turning off memory optimizations. After a bit more testing I might find out what makes it work like that (is it on his part or the problem might lie elsewhere).

trainbus120

Level 10
Verified
Sep 12, 2013
I agree with Littlebits: I myself had an horrible experience with system mechanic. I won a paid license of this software but after installing it simultaneously activates so many background services that make the system deadly slow and non-responsive. Even a paid version did not stop me from uninstalling it.

Last edited:

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
I have this on my machine for only two purpose:

1.) Program Accelerator: Re-aligns program files and their dependent files. Better than normal defrag.
2.) It continuously repairs "Automatic Sleeping" on my system. For some reasons I find my computer's ability to sleep by itself being not functioning from time to time. After a scan with System Mechanic, it would be fix.

ghost2000

Level 1
Jul 29, 2014
The iolo based in my experience is the best for some computers like non brand pc but for others like dell is terrible. It slow down startup.
In my pc non brand I use iolo and for me is the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.