SysWOW64/ COM host advice/ Website Hijacking

SueCaggiano

Thread author
Nov 2, 2014
I assume the problem started with the LG Driver as it wouldn't uninstall. I assume my laptop was slow because i haven't used it in awhile and i was cleaning it. Because it wouldn't uninstall I downloaded Wise Care Uninstaller and did a "Force Uninstall" Where it analyzes every file associated with the driver, it said 1.6GB or something and everything under "SysWOW64" was related. So I Googled it, found it was a Trojan and tried to delete the issue myself. I was fully aware of the risk I took there, and I did indeed delete a few registry items I shouldn't have. After more frustration and a long night, I downloaded Trojan Remover, Spy Hunter (just the scanner) followed the path given, deleted them, rescanned and that seemed to be the biggest issue gone. I used Trojan Remover, it scanned, restarted my computer, led me to a black screen with "Hitman Pro" written in the above corner, so I scanned Hitman with Spy Hunter and found there to be issues in that as well, so I uninstalled that.
I need help with the Hijackers, as well as advice on how to fix some of the registry items I made. And to make sure it's all gone.
I have attached all the logs you need, as well as screen shots of the two trojans i removed and the hijackers Spy Hunter has detected.

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    40.4 KB · Views: 38
  • FRST.txt
    40.9 KB · Views: 69
  • AdwCleaner[S1].txt
    2.3 KB · Views: 58
  • Addition.txt
    40.4 KB · Views: 191
  • FRST.txt
    40.9 KB · Views: 87
  • aswMBR.txt
    1.9 KB · Views: 71
  • AdwCleaner[S1].txt
    2.3 KB · Views: 51
  • t3.JPG
    t3.JPG
    398.5 KB · Views: 70
  • trogan.JPG
    trogan.JPG
    137.3 KB · Views: 49

argus

Former MalwareTips Staff
Verified
Apr 24, 2014
Re-run FRST.exe as you did before ...

• Download fixlist.txt that you find attached at the bottom of this post and save it same place you
  • Press the Fix button once and wait.
  • FRST will process fixlist.txt
  • When finished, it will produce a log fixlog.txt and will keep that log in the same folder where FRST.exe is.

> Attach here fixlog.txt logreport.

==========================

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware ver. 2.0and install the application.

Double-click on mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program. Upon installation, click Finish
Note: A 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish..
On the first launch, you'll get an "Update" notification. Click the 'Update Now >>' link or button to complete update.

• Configure the scanner. On the Settings tab, Detection and Protection adjust the following options:
- subtab Detection Options, tick the box 'Scan for rootkits'.
- subtab Non-Malware Protection, for PUP detections, from 'Warn user abaut detecion' select 'Threat detections as malware'.

• Preform the Scan. Click on the Scan tab, then click on Scan Now >> for Threat Scan.
If an update is available, click the 'Update Now' button, then continue to Scan.
Note: only with some infections, you may see this message box 'Could not load DDA driver'
In this case, click 'Yes' to this message, to allow the driver to load after a restart.
Allow the computer to restart. Continue with the rest of these instructions.

When the scan is complete, click Apply Actions. Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.

• Post the logs. Click on the History tab > Application Logs. Double click on the Scan Log which shows the date and time of just performed scan.
- Click Export button at the bottom, and then select the 'Text file (*.txt)'
- In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop.
- In the File name: box type "mbam" (without quotes) for your scan log name and click Save.
- A message box "Your file has been successfully exported" should appear, click Ok and close the windows.

Please attach the exported/saved log named as mbam.txt to your next reply.

Attachments

• Fixlist.txt
    1.9 KB · Views: 135

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.