Technology T-Mobile adjusts Fair Use policy for 5G Home Internet customers [U]

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
T-Mobile is now warning users in its terms and conditions that users might “notice speeds lower than other customers” occasionally due to data prioritization, and adding that there will be a “further reduction” if they’ve used over 1.2 TB in a given month.
T-Mobile provided the following statement:

This is a fair usage policy, not a data cap. We don’t have a data cap. Customers still get unlimited data even if they use more than 1.2TB in a month (over 2X the average user – less than 10% of our customers). They’ll just be prioritized after other home internet customers for the reminder of the bill cycle, and they may notice slower speeds compared to other home internet customers in times of congestion. This ensures that all of our customers get a great network experience. At the start of the next month, those customers reset to normal prioritization until the next time they hit 1.2TB.​
– T-Mobile
We’ve edited our post to clarify this news.

MuzzMelbourne

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 13, 2022
Good grief...

I use 5G home internet. We have multiple devices, TV's, watches etc. I have a 540GB plan and, even with all my wife's relentless streaming of rubbish, I still donate around 200GB of unused data to charity each month.

1.2TB/mth? Must be Crypto Mining...

I would suggest this a classic 'first-world problem'...

Reactions: Jack

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.