Taavo' Config (Updated)

Last updated
Dec 31, 1969
Windows Edition
Pro
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
Windows Defender, SpyShelter Premium, MCShield, Unchecky.
Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall
Periodic malware scanners
Malwarebytes Antimalware free, Zemana Antimalware
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
LastPass, Avira browser safety, uBlockOrigin, Click&Clean, save as PDF, Popup blocker pro, Pushbullet, HTTPS Everywhere.
Maintenance tools
Ccleaner, wise disk cleaner, Auslogics disk defrag professional, GeekUninstaller
File and Photo backup
AOMEI Backupper Standard

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Configuration Update :D
Hello Taavo. Have you returned to using 360 TS ?
I'm wondering if Google Chrome is performing satisfactorily for you lately? I've found Opera Browser to be a pleasant alternative to Google's quick browsing favorite after I'd experienced problems in functionality with it's 32 bit portable version. So, I installed Opera since it utilizes the same Chromium engine & Blink rendering as it's higher profile cousin.:)
If you're comfortable with the tried and true Chrome, why not browse the less charted internet waters using the popular free sandboxing app, Sandboxie. The "-ie" in it's name denotes it's creator designed it originally to address vulnerabilities in IE.
All changes done while sandboxed are only temporary, so updates and extensions you'd like to keep must be performed without the sandbox's protection.

Hope all's well, and thanks for sharing!:D

Taavo'

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
May 31, 2014
Hello Taavo. Have you returned to using 360 TS ?
I'm wondering if Google Chrome is performing satisfactorily for you lately? I've found Opera Browser to be a pleasant alternative to Google's quick browsing favorite after I'd experienced problems in functionality with it's 32 bit portable version. So, I installed Opera since it utilizes the same Chromium engine & Blink rendering as it's higher profile cousin.:)
If you're comfortable with the tried and true Chrome, why not browse the less charted internet waters using the popular free sandboxing app, Sandboxie. The "-ie" in it's name denotes it's creator designed it originally to address vulnerabilities in IE.
All changes done while sandboxed are only temporary, so updates and extensions you'd like to keep must be performed without the sandbox's protection.

Hope all's well, and thanks for sharing!:D
Chrome 64 bits behaves well at the moment, will add sandboxie to my config, Thanks for the suggestions!:)

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hi Taavo'. How do you like Opera?o_O
Is Emsisoft IS performing well for you? I am on the fence as I'll be deciding between two excellent choices, Kaspersky & your IS 9 when our ESET NOD expires.

Reactions: Logethica

Taavo'

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
May 31, 2014
Hi Taavo'. How do you like Opera?o_O
Is Emsisoft IS performing well for you? I am on the fence as I'll be deciding between two excellent choices, Kaspersky & your IS 9 when our ESET NOD expires.
chrome caused me problems (Pages not loading correctly), opera going well and I like; EIS works fine on my computer, so far no problem.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hi Taavo'. Your configuration, as ever, is a solid example of balanced security. Adding SpyShelter includes protections often overlooked by many. Well done!:)

My wife has a Vaio lap top with nearly identical hardware specs. I wanted to ask if you had experienced any loss of the function keys' ability to adjust volume or brightness:confused:following your upgrade to Windows 10,o_O and what are your impressions, now, of Windows 10 anniversary upgrade?

Regardless, your use of Windows native Defender plus your on demand second opinion scanners make for a light and efficient configuration indeed!:D

PS I'd recently read about the free Rollback Rx Home version you might be interested in trying too.

..and also another free option called: Reboot Restore Rx

Last edited:

Taavo'

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
May 31, 2014
Hi Taavo'. Your configuration, as ever, is a solid example of balanced security. Adding SpyShelter includes protections often overlooked by many. Well done!:)

My wife has a Vaio lap top with nearly identical hardware specs. I wanted to ask if you had experienced any loss of the function keys' ability to adjust volume or brightness:confused:following your upgrade to Windows 10,o_O and what are your impressions, now, of Windows 10 anniversary upgrade?

Regardless, your use of Windows native Defender plus your on demand second opinion scanners make for a light and efficient configuration indeed!:D

PS I'd recently read about the free Rollback Rx Home version you might be interested in trying too.

..and also another free option called: Reboot Restore Rx

Thank you!:) After the upgrade, I have not lost the ability to function keys "to adjust the volume or brightness," everything is going well, 0 errors after updating. By the way, thanks for the recommendation.:D

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.