RoboMan

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
What are your prediction for the near or far future on the technology/informatic field?

For example, i predict that ransomware will be bothering some more time until some security company finds a way to eradicate its functioning/purpose to the point that it's not viable anymore.

Let's have fun :cool:

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
In my opinion, the human factor will be crucial in the future context, in fact, as we know, the strength of a chain is equal to the weakest of its rings.

Then also the strength of the chain of defence against cyber attacks has the same feature...

Because the weakest link is the user. It then becomes necessary and a priority, to enforce, to create in the user, the awareness of being the weak link exposed to targeted attacks to steal data.

Too often we do not realize how much information we expose about ourselves, about our travel, on who we are, where we work, when we are in a place... all of this happens at times subconsciously, in our interactions with the "social world". And often the thought of “who might be interested in me” justifies an attitude too superficial in providing this information.

Awareness means to be aware of how simple it is for an attacker, interested in correlating the information, to plan a targeted attack.

I strongly believe that social engineering attacks will be the biggest plague of the near future.
No antivirus can detect these attacks and "they" know this.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.