Telus Pop-Up

Papa_Scran

Thread author
Apr 7, 2017
I recently found a very suspicious looking web survey claiming to be my service provider

something else strange about this site is the url and the disclaimer at the bottom of my page:

"THIS IS AN INDEPENDENT SURVEY. This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by and does not claim to represent or own any of the trademarks, tradenames or rights associated with any of the products which are the property of their respective owners who do not own, endorse, or promote consumer-response.info. All images on consumer-response.info are readily available in various places on the Internet and believed to be in public domain according to the U.S. Copyright Fair Use Act (title 17, U.S. Code). *Free trial offers offered on the last page require shipping and handling fees. See manufacturer's site for details as terms vary with offers. See important terms and conditions regarding this survey, site and advertisement here."

the thing that strikes as the most strange is this "U.S. Copyright Fair Use Act (title 17, U.S. Code)" but this provider is Canada only

this pop-up also only came up after i was editing my router's configuration through my providers site

also, i'm sorry about the how-to prefix but i'm very new here and am unfamiliar with posting on the site

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.