Advice Request TEMASOFT RANSTOP - User Experiences

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vindiesel

Level 7
Verified
Apr 15, 2013
Hello again, already managed to re-install the problem was here:
98awt1.png

Had remnants of the program and deleted you can install
2dv4y05.png

Now once installed uninstall again to see if the bug persistia and desistalo well,but there is a problem missing from control Panel -Uninstall a program,in Iobito Unistaler not this but the problem is that the program icon is still there and I open program and continues to operate without being installed.

The consumption of ram 1 gb is very high for my
Delays the startup of the PC

I'm going to do a system restore because I can not uninstall that is not found in the control Panel or Iobit.

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
@vindiesel, I think there is a loop, perhaps due to a problem during uninstallation.
Using a restore point is a good idea but in case you still will plan to uninstall Temasoft, eventually you may use Revo to uninstall the app: lets finish the scan for leftovers and then restart the system.

vindiesel

Level 7
Verified
Apr 15, 2013
@vindiesel, I think there is a loop, perhaps due to a problem during uninstallation.
Using a restore point is a good idea but in case you still will plan to uninstall Temasoft, eventually you may use Revo to uninstall the app: lets finish the scan for leftovers and then restart the system.

Hello friend and used Iobit uninstaller 6 deleted folders and registry keys restart PC and the problem persists.

Last edited:

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
He must not have a restore point that dates before the uninstall. If he does he needs to restore to that point, then Use Revo,
he may not understand what your saying ?

CalinGhibu

From TEMASOFT
Verified
Developer
Mar 15, 2017
Hi everyone,

We have posted a blog by our testing team. It describes the latest 100 ransomware test.

The reason I am posting a link here is because, in the blog, the team shows their gratitude for the help received from members of this community. We really appreciate your contribution and feedback and wanted to share this with you.

You can read the text here: A glimpse on how we test Ranstop (the human approach)

Thanks and Happy Easter to all who celebrate!

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
The reason I am posting a link here is because, in the blog, the team shows their gratitude for the help received from members of this community. We really appreciate your contribution and feedback and wanted to share this with you.
Somewhere in Romania @Jack is smiling :)
Thanks for the humble mention of MalwareTips we all appreciate that @CalinGhibu ;)

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Hi

Besides blocking the ransomeware is it possible to identify the ransomware and prompt the user for its deletion?

Thanks

CalinGhibu

From TEMASOFT
Verified
Developer
Mar 15, 2017
Hi, when blocking the ransomware it also quarantines the executable and lists it in the alert details. You can get to the quarantined executable with a single click.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Hi, when blocking the ransomware it also quarantines the executable and lists it in the alert details. You can get to the quarantined executable with a single click.
In the event if there are changes to the registry or files created by the ransomware does Ranstop list/quarantine/delete these as well?

Thanks

CalinGhibu

From TEMASOFT
Verified
Developer
Mar 15, 2017
Hi, yes, we do clean up as well, for most situations. We always clean up those areas which enable the ransomware to execute again after reboot.
In essence, we stop the ransomware process(es) and quarantine them. Also, remove the registry associated with execution of the ransomware. We also clean up residuary encrypted files or ransom notes.
The clean up is not perfect, but it ensures ransomware does not execute after reboot in most cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.