Question [TemplatePModPaths] in Templates.ini

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Mr.X

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 2, 2014
I've just installed Sbie+ 1.9.3

How to make these lines work in my red boxes?
Code:
[TemplatePModPaths]
#NormalKeyPath=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\*
#NormalKeyPath=HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\Microsoft\*
#NormalKeyPath=HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\*
#NormalKeyPath=\REGISTRY\USER\*_Classes\*
WriteKeyPath=\REGISTRY\USER\*
#
NormalFilePath=%SystemRoot%\*
NormalFilePath=%SbieHome%\*
NormalFilePath=%ProgramFiles%\*
NormalFilePath=%ProgramFiles% (x86)\*
# shell & ui
NormalKeyPath=HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\Personalize\*
NormalKeyPath=HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders\*
NormalKeyPath=HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders\*
NormalKeyPath=HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes
NormalKeyPath=HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ApplicationAssociationToasts
NormalKeyPath=HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced
NormalKeyPath=HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts
NormalKeyPath=HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\FileAssociations
NormalKeyPath=HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Associations

Windows 10 x64 21H2 Education en-US | Sandboxie-Plus > Container in a RAM disk | Only portable apps sitting on a non-system drive

Last edited:

DavidXanatos

From Sandboxie Plus
Verified
Developer
May 4, 2020
A red box shoudl automatically include the TemplatePModPaths so it should be working already, you can inspect using task explorer whcih paths exacly were configured for any given sandboxed process

Reactions: Mr.X

Mr.X

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 2, 2014
That's exactly what I assumed. In fact, I think I started this thread with the wrong question. See, problem is my red boxes are having issues opening urls in the default browser. Troubleshooting right now to learn what the problem might be...

Windows 10 x64 21H2 Education en-US | Sandboxie-Plus > Container in a RAM disk | Only portable apps sitting on a non-system drive

Last edited:

Mr.X

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 2, 2014
When I'm reading a rss feed and click on link to open in the default browser, I get:
e.png

Last edited:

Mr.X

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 2, 2014
OK, doing trial and error with the lines I saved from my previous config prior to the release 1.9.3, I found the missing line to fix my issue:
Code:
NormalKeyPath=*\UrlAssociations\*

Last edited:

DavidXanatos

From Sandboxie Plus
Verified
Developer
May 4, 2020
Ok if you can find out a full path for *\UrlAssociations\* i can add it to the next build to the TemplatePModPaths section

Mr.X

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 2, 2014
Ok if you can find out a full path for *\UrlAssociations\* i can add it to the next build to the TemplatePModPaths section
Full path "wildcardless" at the beginning, wildcard at the end:

Code:
NormalKeyPath=HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Associations\UrlAssociations\*

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.