Guide | How To Ten Tips to Avoid any Infection

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.

Payback

Thread author
Verified
Jan 7, 2013
Hello people,I have made this Noob guide myself,enjoy. Many people lose their info cause of malware damage or other foolish things,so read this before doing anything related to security/system modifications

1 : DO system-restore DAILY (System restore) :

Yes,many people are like "i'll do it later when I will get time,I am too busy cause I am eating a sandwich" and do some foolish things or get their computer infected by something that they don't know (Ex : Java vulnerability,system vulnerability,browser vulnerability,deep-web,or common exploit or trojan etc.),some good softwares for it are :

1 : Rollback RX (License : Trial 30-days free trial,after that need to purchase)
(Price : 69 (sixty-nine) dollars)

Main site : http://www.rollbacksoftware.com/

2 : Comodo Time Machine (License :? *about to be added*) Price : ? *about to be added*

Yup,if you ever downloaded a file from a E-mail or a site that you've never visited or used before,use this solution :

First,go to VirusTotal.com,click 'upload' button,then you'll need to select that file (make sure to unzip it from 7-zip or Winrar *also will add links for them both*),and see the result,if you want to make it sure,just in case,here are some links to some-sites similar to VT :

NoVirusThanks link

Eset Online Scaner

3 : Use this site :

Yes,you MUST,use this site,for tips,news,useful articles etc. I've experinced it,and this is one of the "MUST USE" sites. I am fairly new and I love this site,but also I am a busy person,but for PC releated talks,this is my #1 site. Thank you,Jack.

4 : Use popular browser :

Yes,you MUST (actually you must follow all these steps) use IE 10 (not bad as previous versions,but still not THAT recommended,cause IE avoides zero-month Malware,not Zero-week or Zero-day. big problem for Micro$oft),Chrome,Firefox. You know what? they're less dangerous than non-popular browsers (cause the company actually care,unlike small browsers).

5 : use,add-ons for ANYbrowser. :Yes,Mozila,Chrome. Does not matter if you have no extensions,your browser is 1% more secure than non-popular browsers,you must use things like No-script,Ad-block Plus,Browser UnHijack,DoNotTrackMe,MaskMe etc. They're the reason I use Firefox.

6 : Keep your system up-to-date : Yes,companies like Microsoft does not use patches for their time-pass,it is for us,so download it,and I agree with one said 'Every version is vulnerable',but the previous vulnerabilities are actually fixed,and it takes some hours/days for a hacker to to identify it. Many techs suggest to turn on automatic updates.

7 : Read news :

Bob : Hey,Jim,did you read today's news?

Jim : Yeah,I did it man,they said Java is becoming more vulnerable every-day

Bob : Ohhhhh,I did not knew it,did you uninstalled Java? oh and thanks for it,I am going to uninstall it

(Were you expecting a funny conversation?)

You need to read news to avoid Malware infecting your PC,it is one of entertaining and useful thins,also MalwareTips offer it,we have a section for it if you have no noticed it yet

8 : Use Internet Download Manager : Internet Download Manager have many nice,cool features that you will enjoy,and actually be protected,you may ask yourself,HOW?,I must say,if you download a file with your browser,it cannot be detected by SOME anti-virus vendors (some,not all,do not rush my topic),while IDM checks for viruses itself.

9 : Make sure to download latest updates for Flash-Player,Adobe-Reader (if you have it,and do not want to uninstall it at ANY,I mean ANY cost)
: Self-explain title

10th : Upgrade your IS,AM,AS,AV to latest version,and check data-base version regularly,right after you connect your Internet connection,do NOT open your browser before checking for updates,trust me,you'll regret it if you do not check updates daily.

Bonus :

Download rogue-killer from here :Rogue-Killer,latest version,MajorGeeks

Rogue killer review : Hello people,we all know that Malware is big,Malware is bad,Malware is growing everyday,hacker are feeding it everyday.
But,one sun is still shining for us. Rogue Killer (it is not a advertisement if you are thinking it cause of my typing way),Rogue killer kicks any malware,it will kill Rogue softwares(Rogue anti-malwares,Anti-viruses etc. Example : Vista Anti-virus 2013),malwares,Ransomewares,delete their registry keys,terminate process of active malicious codes. Rogue killer is top software to be used on a infected (but still boot-able) PC,suggested by Techs/geeks. Also,it fixes DNS,and fixes MBR (Master Boot Record),my recommendation is install it in your PC As Soon,As Possible. Cause,it can detect any process/registry/file/MBR/host/DNS that MBAM (Malwarebytes Anti-Malware) MBAR (Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit),HMP (Hitman pro) can/will miss,so if you will,you can download it and make sure your PC is 100% NOT infected. This is one of the 'must use' softwares I have ever seen or used. Just download it and you'll notice (with false-positives while killing process,by the way) its magic.

- Payback

D

Deleted member 178

ok lets go

Payback said:
1 : DO system-restore DAILY (System restore)

you meant the "windows restore system", if yes:

System restore will not negate the malware, it just recovers some system files that failed, malwares may still be in the system after restoring a point and if you are infected when doing the restore point , the malware will still be inside the restore point

some good softwares for it are
1 : Rollback RX
2 : Comodo Time Machine

They are not restore systems , but rollback ones, CTM is free

8 : Use Internet Download Manager : ...while IDM checks for viruses itself.

Since when? IDM need an installed AV to scan the files after completion. so if you have already an AV , it scan the any files downloaded by the browsers, no need IDM

softwareFREEk

Level 1
Verified
Dec 27, 2012
Tips to Avoid any Infection:
as the navy doc always told us 'wear a condom to avoid exotic gifts'
the box was outside the sickbay so we used to grab a few then poke a few pin holes in the rest.. I guess
20 years ago this was early examples of breaching the firewall :p

Payback

Thread author
Verified
Jan 7, 2013
Umbra Corp. said:
ok lets go

Payback said:
1 : DO system-restore DAILY (System restore)

you meant the "windows restore system", if yes:

System restore will not negate the malware, it just recovers some system files that failed, malwares may still be in the system after restoring a point and if you are infected when doing the restore point , the malware will still be inside the restore point

some good softwares for it are
1 : Rollback RX
2 : Comodo Time Machine

They are not restore systems , but rollback ones, CTM is free

8 : Use Internet Download Manager : ...while IDM checks for viruses itself.

Since when? IDM need an installed AV to scan the files after completion. so if you have already an AV , it scan the any files downloaded by the browsers, no need IDM

Sorry,minor mistake.

P

Plexx

Not every user knows about addons. Chrome/FF/IE by default offer decent protection on its own.
Update of OS/Software/Security solution should be a must (Security Solution would be the Definitions before program update).

Not every user knows about Virus Total for example, nor every user has Potential Infection Danger written on their forehead, even if they are beginners at computing and internet.

IDM: do not agree.

Entry number 9 is basically software being updated.

Having the system on constant System restore will not do anything to you, as Umbra pointed out.

Before going into more advanced stuff, lay down some basics and such basics have been already covered by Chiron's guides. Have a search.

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
A clean image restore from an external HDD is far better than using the system restore function.

Also i strongly discourage the use of comodo time machine as it has caused countless issues with users and if you browse the comodo forum this is confirmed.

hakah

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 19, 2014
Payback : Thanks for your post. Is it really necessary to equip with rogue-killer tool in pc system? I seldom use it and glad to hear your good comments on it.

Mateotis

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 28, 2014
Payback : Thanks for your post. Is it really necessary to equip with rogue-killer tool in pc system? I seldom use it and glad to hear your good comments on it.

RK is mostly used during malware removal, when your system is already infected. If you have a decent realtime AV and one or two on-demand scanners next to it, there's no need for it with day-to-day operation.

hakah

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 19, 2014
I have AVG 2013 together with MBAM / Zemana AntiLogger in my system. Do I still need this Rogue-killer additionally? Thanks!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.