Ten Years of SpyShelter - version 12 and more :)

Zorro

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jun 11, 2019
Security Center was made for AVs, not alternative mechanism like HIPS or Sandboxes, so SpS not registering in it isn't big deal. All my favorite 3rd party softs don't register, and I won't care anyway if they do or not.
The Security Center was made not only to register antiviruses, but also to register firewalls, too. These are two fundamental components of protection. SpyShelter Firewall already in its name positions itself as a firewall, and not as a hips or sandbox, although hips is its main “trick”, but the firewall is also its integral part. Any number of third-party software can be installed, but it would be best to register with the Security Center so that the fundamental security programs, such as anti-virus and firewall, so that the user is not afraid of warnings from the system about the vulnerability.

ichito

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
The Security Center was made not only to register antiviruses, but also to register firewalls, too. These are two fundamental components of protection. SpyShelter Firewall already in its name positions itself as a firewall, and not as a hips or sandbox, although hips is its main “trick”, but the firewall is also its integral part. Any number of third-party software can be installed, but it would be best to register with the Security Center so that the fundamental security programs, such as anti-virus and firewall, so that the user is not afraid of warnings from the system about the vulnerability.
As I wrote...it was decision made a lot years ago when there was different lines of development of versions...some versions doesn't existed yet and some others were closed. Now we have deifferent free version as in the past...there was SS Internet Sceurity that was base for FW version...even more there were no "firewall/IS" version at the beginning only Anti-Network Spy module (like in current Premium version). So...when there aren't visible earlier mentioned profits in long development why is needed to change it?

Reactions: harlan4096
F

ForgottenSeer 823865

@SFox 3rd party software should register only if they disable Windows Firewall or Windows Defender, since spyshelter doesn't do any of those actions , it logically won't register.

Even Comodo Firewall doesn't register in Security Center, why Spyshelter should...having the word "firewall" in the name doesnt mean you are a real firewall and replace Windows Firewall...

ichito

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
I've though that it could be interesting for some users...it's my own test of SpyShelter FW v.12 posted on Wilders
Hi all...probably I'm ready to show results of test of SyShelter's detection that was mentioned few posts above. The "threat" was logger-app called SpyPal...and I can say it's fairly smart app
:)
In the margin...sorry for a long time preparing but it was due to my personal problems and than for necessary modifications of SS v.12 instance on my wife's laptop (it has specific setup). Alright, let's start:
* The base - Win 8.1 in Shadow Mode (SD), SS FW 12 on "ask user level", no action is automaticaly allowed and nothing is autmaticaly blocked, log tab is empty.

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
SpyShelter (paid) is good software.

Really solid.

If you have not seen this test.... it's instructive in regard to the capability of SpyShelter.

I tried SpyShelter a while back. It is really good.

But I put it in the list of capabilities that are pretty solid... but not really worth the time and effort. Like Sandboxie, Cruel-Comodo, AppGuard, DeepFreeze, Carbon Black (in DD mode)......... and lately, Cylance is starting to feel that way with all the false positives..

ichito

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
SpyShelter (paid) is good software.

Really solid.
(...)

I tried SpyShelter a while back. It is really good.

But I put it in the list of capabilities that are pretty solid... but not really worth the time and effort. Like Sandboxie, Cruel-Comodo, AppGuard, DeepFreeze, Carbon Black (in DD mode)......... and lately, Cylance is starting to feel that way with all the false positives..
Hmmm...do you mean that
- SS and others mentioned are as great so just out of the any discussion...like axiom?
- or are so "misterious" and out of the main stream of security apps so nobody is interrested in them?

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Today we released SpyShelter version 12.0 together with brand new edition of SpyShelter Free.

10 Years – this is how long we have been helping you to keep your privacy safe. It has been a long journey, and on this anniversary, we celebrate by bringing back a new, revamped version of SpyShelter Free, available on our Download page.
It is a bit different than previous version of SpyShelter Free. It focuses on providing real time system protection together with a firewall module, all wrapped up in the classic SpyShelter GUI.

spsd.png

SpyShelter – where classic solutions are more important than trends.
Thank you for 10 years of your continuous support.

The post SpyShelter 12 – Ten Years of SpyShelter appeared first on SpyShelter | World's best anti keylogger.

ichito

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
Haha...3 weeks ago here :sneaky:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.