Teo.2H's

S

Sr. Normal

Thanks for sharing, let me recommend the extensions: Lastpass , Https Everywhere and Wot addition , you can supplement Glarys with Ccleaner or Privazer .

Do not has Karpesky it own firewall ?,sure not to have both activated ?, have you a program for backup, Aomei free can be your first choice

And, please, I let the most important for last. Enable UAC
a greeting

Y

yigido

First of all, I strongly recommend "Enable the UAC"..

You should think to add HTTPS Everywhere to your browsers.
HTTPS Everywhere is a Firefox, Chrome, and Opera extension that encrypts your communications with many major websites, making your browsing more secure : https://www.eff.org/https-everywhere

and then you can use a password manager that you can use in your browsers, called LastPass.

If you want more from your AdblockPlus, you can add more filters into it but remeber more filters mean more RAM affect on browser.
You can see Fanboys Filters in the link. When you decide to add a filter, just click on it and then confirm. You can also see regionla list into site.

Thanks for sharing your config.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Definitely enable UAC
I would suggest an on demand scanner(s) such as Malwarebytes Antimalware,Emsisoft Emergency Kit and or Hitman Pro
Also a Password manager would be a good idea if you do not already have one installed

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Very good combination. :D

Windows firewall is fine and no need for 3rd party firewall, despite Kaspersky resource is a bit heavy for most feedbacks and adding another combination will increase load.

Do not has Karpesky it own firewall ?,sure not to have both activated ?, have you a program for backup, Aomei free can be your first choice

Well the OP use Kaspersky AV :).

teodor.2hristov

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 19, 2013
Thanks for all the suggestions guys! Really quick reactions :)
Have a couple of questions...
Why enable UAC? isn't it just sending annoying messages to confirm when you install something? Also what is the level of UAC that you suggest?
Another thing is the on demand scanners. I taught that the best ani-virus/malware software such as Kaspersky do not really need complementary software to protect from infections?
Cheers

Reactions: Sr. Normal
Y

yigido

Why enable UAC? isn't it just sending annoying messages to confirm when you install something? Also what is the level of UAC that you suggest?
Another thing is the on demand scanners. I taught that the best ani-virus/malware software such as Kaspersky do not really need complementary software to protect from infections?
Cheers
I am not the expert on first question but UAC give you the security control at kernel level.
On the other hand, on demand scanners needed because even your KAspersky cannot detect some malwares sometimes. No products exist that detects %100 of malwares so we need more scanners to decrease this ratio. We are trying to catch %100 detection with multiple scanners like Malwarebytes Free, HitmanPro , Emsisoft Emergency Kit and CCE etc.

Reactions: Sr. Normal

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Cheers

I went also in the situation where made UAC disabled before but realizing it does not harm at all, just don't put in always notify. ;)

Alternatively you may try VodooShield where acts like UAC but once you choose if allowed or blocked it will apply to the rules already.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.