Not open for further replies.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
:welcomewave:
The version of TeraCopy have been updated to 2.22!

Download here: http://www.filehippo.com/download_teracopy/download/fb47f6b08e4ddc34f1616dabea3da645/

Changelog:
- Added: All exe files and installer are digitally signed.
- Added: Export filelist to HTML (sortable columns) and CSV files [Pro].
- Changed: Graphical buttons instead of pseudo-graphical.
- Changed: If Shutdown option is selected, batch file PowerOff.cmd will be launched.
- Fixed: Transfer.log now written in Unicode.
- Fixed: Renaming multiple files with same name.
- Fixed: Waiting for other processes to finish testing after copying.

AyeAyeCaptain

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
Thanks for the replies, cannot see it been of much use for me to be honest, am sure many others will though! :)

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Never heard of TeraCopy. Is it any good?

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Its very user friendly and i havent found any problems with it other than it wasnt working properly when i was running it as admin, but if you run it normally it works good :) im actually starting to move towards fastcopy its a little more advanced than teracopy and if anyone wants to look you can find it here, SuperCopier looks like it may not be as user friendly as many other, how do you like it?

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
So what do is that they back up your computers OS?

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
No, they copy files, for what i use it for is ill have many big iso files so i will select that folder with teracopy to copy it to my external and it will copy them, its just a file copier but it has many features like pausing the transfer, if one file is bad it can skip it instead of stopping the transfer and if i remember right you can replace windows copier with it :)

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
imsoadude said:
No, they copy files, for what i use it for is ill have many big iso files so i will select that folder with teracopy to copy it to my external and it will copy them, its just a file copier but it has many features like pausing the transfer, if one file is bad it can skip it instead of stopping the transfer and if i remember right you can replace windows copier with it :)

Ahh, I see. Well in that case if you can pause the copier, that would be handy to do. Is better then the Windows copier.

D

Deleted member 178

i like supercopier for it replace the Windows copy window adding more options like pausing the copy, ask you what to do when overwriting, etc...

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Yea it can be handy if you are copying like 100GB and are going at like 20mb/s lol and you want to take a break

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
imsoadude said:
Yea it can be handy if you are copying like 100GB and are going at like 20mb/s lol and you want to take a break

Plus, lets say the computer crashes does it recover it to the stage that you copied to?

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
it can, with teracopy it will ask you if you want to skip already copied files and if you say yes it will start at the first file that hasnt been copied yet, im not sure if it will redo a file thats been done like half way

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
WinAndLinuxTutorials said:
McLovin said:
Plus, lets say the computer crashes does it recover it to the stage that you copied to?

No. I don't think it has this ability.

Oh, well if it could I think that would be a great feature.

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Yea, expecially if its a old hard drive prone to crashes and you just want certain files off it

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.