Advice Request Terrible mail received!

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Ignore and block, don't waste time with this nonsense. Move on. 👍

I totally get the spirit of this comment; however, it IS shocking and DOES merit discussion, especially when WiseVector has received so much praise and many, many postive remarks on his product.

I look at it this way: you're walking on the sidewalk minding your own business. Suddenly, an idiot dumps a bucket of ice cold water on your from an upstairs window and then scuttles away like a cowardly roach.

Wow! You wouldn't say something to a sympathetic audience? Hope the bad guy is caught somehow, WiseVector. No one needs this crap.

mazskolnieces

Level 3
Well-known
Jul 25, 2020
Today, we received an email and the screenshot below shows the content. It is very dark and rude.

We posted it here, because we think it was probably sent by a member who watched the youtube test and read our explanation about the test results in the forums. The person seems to strongly disagree with our explanation.
If having different point of view, we welcome open and fair discussions in the thread, but not a flame from a dark corner!
Send them a loving reply...

tumblr_lze9mqTulL1qd6626o1_500.gif

Last edited:

mazskolnieces

Level 3
Well-known
Jul 25, 2020
Today, we received an email and the screenshot below shows the content. It is very dark and rude.

We posted it here, because we think it was probably sent by a member who watched the youtube test and read our explanation about the test results in the forums. The person seems to strongly disagree with our explanation.
If having different point of view, we welcome open and fair discussions in the thread, but not a flame from a dark corner!
Reads like someone motivated against the CCP and racist against Chinese people.

Everything they've said, and the way they said it, is couched within racism and anti-CCP govt sentiment.

To think anything else is conspiracy hysteria.

struppigel

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Apr 9, 2020
Hello WiseSector,

I agree with @McMcbrad's last statement "If they hate you, then you are doing something right."

If there is anything I've learnt, it is this: As soon as you become successful, some people feel threatened and will try to put you down. Why do they they feel threatened? Because they are not willing or able to put the dedication and hard work into becoming successful themselves. Putting you down is easier than doing the work. What you got in this email is an emotional outburst which means you really struck a nerve there.

Not sure if you want advice but since you posted here, I assume you wanted to get some. What usually might go through your head is "What did I do wrong? Is there truth to this email? Am I inediquate?". Forget about all of that. Put a mental stop to these thoughts. The truth the email is telling is not about you or your product but only about the sender.
See it as what it is:
1) It's a sign that you are successful. You will likely get more of these. But it's a good sign!
2) The author is the one who is inediquate and cannot deal with their own life or emotions.

You can ignore it or, if you feel like it, write something kind back. I am serious, because being kind to someone who attacks you, often stops them in their tracks. Your kindness should be truthful, though. Don't pretend.

Last edited:

tipo

Level 8
Well-known
Jul 26, 2012
You are doing such a great job in the cyber security world that you shouldn't mind, be influenced by these kinds of messages. There will allways be morons, frustrated, lifeless guys out there who will throw rocks at you. Buckle up, 'cause this could be only the beginning. And one more thing: if you receive this kind of mail, it means you are doing a great job and get on someone's nerves. 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.