Tesla's Cybertruck Aerodynamics Do Flow Smoothly, as per a CFD Analysis

[correlate]

Level 18
Thread author
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2019
Tesla's recently unveiled Cybertruck has sparked people's interest around the world. Some believe it's the next best thing since sliced bread, whereas others think it's a big step back in car design.
However, the Cybertruck is now among us, so we may as well get on board with it.
Moving away from personal opinions, the truck's boxy shape has raised a few eyebrows as people question its advertised ranges, wondering if its bizarre shape will constantly have the car fighting against air and vortexes.
So, as one does, an aerospace engineer decided to check for himself and ran the Cybertruck through a CFD simulation (computational fluid dynamics — a computer version of a wind tunnel). Here's what he found out.

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
When I first saw a photo of the Cybertruck.... I thought it was stupid looking.

But it grew on me pretty fast..

This photo gives a better perspective of its size.

1575212117302.png

1575212464877.png

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.