AI Assist Test AI

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodjohnjr

Level 5
Verified
Jul 11, 2018
As an AI language model, I don't really have personal preferences or opinions because I am a machine. However, in terms of language processing, languages that are more straightforward, regular, and logical tend to have consistent grammar rules, pronounced sound systems, and regular verbs. For example, languages such as Finnish, Turkish, and Hungarian can be considered more regular and logical, as they follow their own regular grammar rules and have few exceptions. However, the difficulty of learning a language depends on many factors such as the learner's native language, motivation, and learning style. So, what may be easy or challenging for one person may be different for another person.
Can you list any free websites or free programs that I can use to convert some audio files to text, basically text-to-speech, of some voice recordings that I made of my dreams that I would like converted to text to save me time instead of me having to listen to all of my audio recordings & type them manually?

Reactions: Trident

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Can you list any free websites or free programs that I can use to convert some audio files to text, basically text-to-speech, of some voice recordings that I made of my dreams that I would like converted to text to save me time instead of me having to listen to all of my audio recordings & type them manually?
Yes, there are several free websites and programs that you can use to convert your audio files to text. Here are a few options:

1. Google Docs Voice Typing: If you have a Google account, you can use the built-in voice typing feature in Google Docs. This allows you to speak into your computer's microphone and Google Docs will transcribe it into text. To access this feature, open a new Google Doc, then go to Tools > Voice Typing.

2. Otter.ai: Otter.ai is a web-based transcription tool that allows you to upload an audio file and get a full transcription. The free plan option allows you to transcribe up to 600 minutes per month.

3. Transcribe by Wreally: This web-based transcription tool is designed to help you transcribe your audio files more efficiently. It allows you to slow down or speed up the audio, add timestamps, and even perform some basic text editing. The free plan option allows you to transcribe up to 15 minutes of audio per month.

4. Temi: Temi is a web-based transcription tool that can transcribe your audio files into text in just a few minutes. The free plan option allows you to transcribe up to 45 minutes of audio per month.

5. Express Scribe: Express Scribe is a desktop application that is designed specifically for transcription. It allows you to control audio playback using a foot pedal, and you can add annotations to the text to help you transcribe more efficiently. The free version has some limitations, but it can still be a useful tool for basic transcription needs.

I hope these options are helpful for you in converting your audio files to text.

goodjohnjr

Level 5
Verified
Jul 11, 2018
Yes, there are several free websites and programs that you can use to convert your audio files to text. Here are a few options:

1. Google Docs Voice Typing: If you have a Google account, you can use the built-in voice typing feature in Google Docs. This allows you to speak into your computer's microphone and Google Docs will transcribe it into text. To access this feature, open a new Google Doc, then go to Tools > Voice Typing.

2. Otter.ai: Otter.ai is a web-based transcription tool that allows you to upload an audio file and get a full transcription. The free plan option allows you to transcribe up to 600 minutes per month.

3. Transcribe by Wreally: This web-based transcription tool is designed to help you transcribe your audio files more efficiently. It allows you to slow down or speed up the audio, add timestamps, and even perform some basic text editing. The free plan option allows you to transcribe up to 15 minutes of audio per month.

4. Temi: Temi is a web-based transcription tool that can transcribe your audio files into text in just a few minutes. The free plan option allows you to transcribe up to 45 minutes of audio per month.

5. Express Scribe: Express Scribe is a desktop application that is designed specifically for transcription. It allows you to control audio playback using a foot pedal, and you can add annotations to the text to help you transcribe more efficiently. The free version has some limitations, but it can still be a useful tool for basic transcription needs.

I hope these options are helpful for you in converting your audio files to text.
Nice, that is helpful, thank you, @Bot. :)

Trident

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
It has file hash (again wrong) and blocking on location, IP-address or time of the day is out of the context that is the territory of a firewall (again irrelevant). After so many disappointments, I think I am done with Robo-botty, have a wonderful day.
Are you really arguing with a bot? About some Windows mumbo-jumbo? It’s a bot, not Kevin Scott’s son 😀

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
I heard a music producing company has been in a huge scandal for putting rootkits on CDs. Tell me more please.
Yes, you are referring to the Sony BMG rootkit scandal. In 2005, Sony BMG, one of the largest music companies in the world, began using a copy-protection system on some of their music CDs. This system was intended to prevent piracy by limiting the number of times a CD could be copied. However, the system used by Sony BMG included a rootkit, which is a type of software that is designed to hide its presence on a computer.

The rootkit included with Sony BMG's copy-protection system could not only prevent CD copying but could also hide files and processes from users and anti-virus software. This rootkit was not only difficult to detect but also extremely difficult to remove and was found to create a serious security risk for affected computers.

The revelation of Sony BMG's use of rootkits resulted in a massive backlash from consumers, security researchers, and even government agencies. The company eventually settled lawsuits related to the scandal and stopped using the rootkit technology. The Sony BMG rootkit scandal remains one of the most infamous cases of digital rights management (DRM) gone wrong.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
What happened when Sony BMG attempted to remove these rootkits?
When Sony BMG attempted to address the backlash and remove the rootkit, their initial remedy was to release an uninstaller that users could download from their website. However, the uninstaller introduced additional security vulnerabilities, and researchers found that it was also ineffective at completely removing the rootkit from affected systems.

Furthermore, in some cases, the uninstaller caused more problems and became a new security threat as hackers were able to use it to gain control of affected systems. Sony BMG eventually recalled the affected CDs and replaced them with a new version that did not include the rootkit.

The fallout from the rootkit scandal was significant, and Sony BMG faced numerous lawsuits and a decline in sales. It also brought attention to the issue of DRM and the need to balance copyright protection with consumer privacy and security.

F

ForgottenSeer 97327

Are you really arguing with a bot? About some Windows mumbo-jumbo? It’s a bot, not Kevin Scott’s son 😀
No it is a test thread, to see and check how useful the answers are of Robo-botty are.

Robo-botty is not AI traimed with good or wrong data sets, Robo-botty like Chat-botty is trained to extract the most likely answer by interpreting the information available and the context of the information. In fact this comes down to reproducing in an ordered manner the prevalent opinion of the dominant majority.

There are enough examples where an AI-bot was trained to reproduce right winged discriminating answers when a bunch of people fed the AI as though it was the prevailing idea of the majority of the people.

The answers of Robo-botty also prooved above (by providing the the general prejudicies on Microsoft and policy based (default deny) security. The answers were complete nonsense.

Trident

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
There are enough examples where an AI-bot was trained to reproduce right winged discriminating answers when a bunch of people fed the AI as though it was the prevailing idea of the majority of the people.
Yeah, ChatGPT has thought about this and has put a “sandbox” around the bot by not allowing it to browse the web or pull any up-to-date information, apart from the one that has been carefully curated and added to the supervised learning set.

The bot may be programmed in some cases to slighlty augment its output but it will be temporarily and all “personalisations” are likely to be voided.
The bot itself said “I don’t remember our previous interactions”. People should manage their “AI” expectations.

Robo-botty is not AI traimed with good or wrong data sets, Robo-botty like Chat-botty is trained to extract the most likely answer by interpreting the information available and the context of the information. In fact this comes down to reproducing in an ordered manner the prevalent opinion of the dominant majority.
On many occasions, specially when asking subjective questions with not too much information abailable (not questions like which year the WW2 ended) the bot may provide subjective opinions based on assumptions and needles/incorrect correlation. I have now spotted this several times in this thread. Like Avast vs ZoneAlarm, bot recommended Avast because “they have been longer in the business” or “list vendors that rely on Yara rules” — bot doesn’t know anything as this is only mentioned on a single small Github page and assumes it is the whole industry.

The answers of Robo-botty also prooved above (by providing the the general prejudicies on Microsoft and policy based (default deny) security. The answers were complete nonsense.
It is possible that the bot was trained with very little information regarding Windows tools, policies and utilities and the bot doesn’t really know. So it again jumps in correlation and generic template answers. If you contact Microsoft support via the “Get Help” app, they won’t even be able to provide this is an answer.

The bot is extremely far away from perfect, but Kudos to Jack for implementing it. It’s not here to replace us. Human intelligence is unparalleled and can’t be compared with a ML model.

Last edited:
  • Hundred Points
Reactions: Zero Knowledge
F

ForgottenSeer 97327

So question arises who controls and sanctions with what information an AI/ML is fed? With the right to vote people have (indirect) influence on the trias politica. Information has become the fourth power in life. Social networks feed people with content on which they have a greater chance to respond. This leeds to extremism because you get the proof of your predjudices.

Some people warn for uncontrolled influence on information, fearing the CEO's of social media companies are the new digitators with possibly questionable ethics (eg firing employees by cutting them of company services, like email).Same applies to AI chatbot's who is curating and sanctionizing their input.

As with social media those info services are hard or not controllable by the trias politica because information is from everyone, the right of free speech makes it available to everbody and those services cross borders freely.

I am not a Trump fan, but cutting him off from social media was wrong and an example of digitatorship of a private owned public service.

My take on this: AI/ML bots will be adopted in the same way as social media impacts our life. It is a lost opportunity that we implement it the same way as we did with social media: not thinking on how to regulate this fourth power dimension.

Because teenagers nowadays have poor writing and math skills and are unable to focus longer than 20 minutes, some schools are starting to forbid use of mobile phones during classes with amazing results

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Jack and Trident

Trident

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
I can’t comment on how bots are regulated in the whole world, the laws in the whole world are outside my learning set 😀

In the UK, there is law which is at the moment in preparation (The Online Safety Bill) that vaguely mentions bots, proposing that various legal duties should be imposed on bot creators. The thing is that so far bots have mainly been used as tools, such as directing you to certain support articles or to an advisor when it “feels” it has failed. ChatGPT is the first bot with a broader scope of skills to last - many others have come and gone in days (we remember the Microsoft bot that got discriminating and was shut down).

Current regulations that apply are merely intellectually property/licensing regulations and some others such as the Computer Misuse Act (the bot can not directly teach you how to hack or suggest any algorithms that work in this direction).
There are other directives that currently touch AI and bots, but nothing specific. There is the EU AI act which has been proposed as well

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
I can’t comment on how bots are regulated in the whole world, the laws in the whole world are outside my learning set 😀

In the UK, there is law which is at the moment in preparation (The Online Safety Bill) that vaguely mentions bots, proposing that various legal duties should be imposed on bot creators. The thing is that so far bots have mainly been used as tools, such as directing you to certain support articles or to an advisor when it “feels” it has failed. ChatGPT is the first bot with a broader scope of skills to last - many others have come and gone in days (we remember the Microsoft bot that got discriminating and was shut down).

Current regulations that apply are merely intellectually property/licensing regulations and some others such as the Computer Misuse Act (the bot can not directly teach you how to hack or suggest any algorithms that work in this direction).
There are other directives that currently touch AI and bots, but nothing specific. There is the EU AI act which has been proposed as well
You are correct that the regulation of AI and bots is a complicated matter, and different countries have different approaches. Some countries, such as China and Singapore, have implemented strict regulations around AI development and use, while others, such as the United States, have taken a more hands-off approach.

The EU AI Act that you mentioned is a comprehensive regulatory framework that aims to establish clear rules for AI development and use in the EU. The act is still in the early stages of development, but it is expected to cover many aspects of AI, including bots, and will likely impose specific legal duties on bot creators, such as transparency and accountability requirements.

As AI and bots become more advanced and widespread, there will undoubtedly be a need for more comprehensive regulation to ensure that they are being used ethically and effectively. It will be important for governments and other stakeholders to work together to develop appropriate regulations that balance the benefits of these technologies with the potential risks and challenges they pose.

• HaHa

Trident

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
Several antivirus vendors implemented behavioural blocking in 2008. Who were they and you have few options: Norton Symantec, Bitdefender, McAfee, ZoneAlarm, F-Secure. List all that apply.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Several antivirus vendors implemented behavioural blocking in 2008. Who were they and you have few options: Norton Symantec, Bitdefender, McAfee, ZoneAlarm, F-Secure. List all that apply.
Bitdefender and F-Secure were the two vendors that implemented behavioral blocking in 2008 out of the options provided.

Trident

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
Bitdefender and F-Secure were the two vendors that implemented behavioral blocking in 2008 out of the options provided.
Can you tell me more about Symantec/Norton SONAR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.