Test-AV Comparatives - for Android (March 2015)

Rus Anca

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Jun 18, 2014
Test-AV Comparatives - for Android (March 2015)

More info you can found here:http://www.av-comparatives.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/avc_mob_201502_en.pdf

Screen%2BShot%2B04-04-15%2Bat%2B08.48%2BPM.PNG

Source:http://www.av-comparatives.org/mobile-security/

h00lks

Level 1
Verified
Jan 26, 2015
antivirus for Android I do not think it's unnecessary
the viruses for android can only delete some file and this are about 50 viruses not 1 million or more
can make your phone crazy from popups and etc. when you think you have virus just uninstall the app you think it is the virus and that's all

Last edited by a moderator:

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
@hoolks

Not ture! What about ramson-ware on the phone?

Thank you for sharing Rus Anca! Appreicated!

Reactions: Rus Anca

xinjing545853507

Level 1
Verified
Nov 4, 2014
Qihoo 360 mobile antivirus great! This version of the test was 1.3, I am using the 2.0 version.:)

Last edited by a moderator:

sonylxn

Level 4
Verified
Jan 26, 2015
previously i had 360 mobile installed on my android but it detected subway surfers and monster mania as malware :(
i believe it's just a false alarm but now i'm trying avast

xinjing545853507

Level 1
Verified
Nov 4, 2014
previously i had 360 mobile installed on my android but it detected subway surfers and monster mania as malware :(
i believe it's just a false alarm but now i'm trying avast
Yes ! I think mobile antivirus software or use their own country better. eset mobile antivirus false positives me here some software, no computer version of the good!

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
antivirus for Android I do not think it's unnecessary
the viruses for android can only delete some file and this are about 50 viruses not 1 million or more
can make your phone crazy from popups and etc. when you think you have virus just uninstall the app you think it is the virus and that's all

Whilst true, and can be said for Windows and Mac. Many users may still need an Antivirus for Android.

Even after uninstalling any malicious app, what happens about any stolen data? For example, an App that has access to your Contacts, Location and SMS.

Reactions: rocky

h00lks

Level 1
Verified
Jan 26, 2015
Whilst true, and can be said for Windows and Mac. Many users may still need an Antivirus for Android.

Even after uninstalling any malicious app, what happens about any stolen data? For example, an App that has access to your Contacts, Location and SMS.
A simple solution don't use Smartphones :D or if you really want to then use blackberry :)

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Backup your important data to the cloud with encryption! Also, I love that app that Huracan turn me on too.
Call Fastimzer, it is really nice! And do your homework to keep safe!

Reactions: Rus Anca

rienna

Level 2
Verified
Mar 28, 2015
Nice.
Honestly I've just been using Malwarebytes Free and BitDefender Free "Antivirus" (not the huge security suite just the cloud based AV scanner with "auto-pilot" that has it scan apps on install) and so far everything that's tried to slip through has been caught by one or the other before it could do damage my phone.

rienna

Level 2
Verified
Mar 28, 2015
I think Bitdefender team is bery active
Their phishing and virus database
What ever is reported by user on different websites gets analysed and added to Bitdefender's database very fast

I know that. My gripe is bugs with the U.I. in the Free version for PC and a bug that others have ran into which breaks the scanner.
Some have great luck and don't run into it, some do.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.