Test AV Security Features - Malware, PUA and Phishing at AMTSO.org

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
These tests are unrealistic, but should your AV be incorrectly configured these samples might be an indicator.
Win-Defender overlooked 'PotentiallyUnwanted.exe'. But I was surprised because it was superior to my expectation.:eek:
Your settings are misconfigured.

Windows 10 v1809 - Windows Defender Antivirus with PUA detection.

RodM1956

Level 4
Verified
Feb 1, 2019
These tests are unrealistic, but should your AV be incorrectly configured these samples might be an indicator.

Your settings are misconfigured.

Windows 10 v1809 - Windows Defender Antivirus with PUA detection.

View attachment 209834View attachment 209833

Don't know about the unrealistic part, but some get 4, some 6, some 2, some ZERO.....It's showing there is a difference somewhere, in all these security software's...And I have tested default and jacked settings.

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
Good in my configuration
I use only the Emsisot extension, blocking everything but Drive-By Download and Phishing.
Drive-By Download was downloaded and executed and Comodo firewall took it to quarantine directly.:giggle:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.