testmyav.com - "How To" site for AV testing. What do you think?

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
TestMyAV is a website with a single purpose – to get people testing anti-malware solutions for themselves. Rather than trusting vendors, testing companies and sales people, we believe that testing isn’t hard and that everyone should have the ability to evaluate what solutions are best for their organisation.

Dan found this site and posted a link over at Wilders (yes VS Dan).
I have not had the time to do more than look at the homepage, but it
looks worth sharing. I will look more into it tomorrow.
Check out the link and you will understand why I put it here.
Link: TestMyAV.com - Helping You Test Antivirus Yourself

Last edited by a moderator:

Dirk41

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
MRG Effitas' analysis of TestMyAV.com: MRG – TestMyAV – an independent next-gen testing vendor?

TestMyAV is not necessarily what it seems.

Hi everyone . ( first time since more than two months I log in because I don't have much time anymore )

Interesting but I wonder :
"When you do these tests, beware that whenever you introduce the malware not directly from it’s original malicious source (maliciuous URL, spam folder, drive-by-exploit website) into the test system, the test is not real-world anymore."

Isn't that what YT testers ( or , I don't know I am not an expert/ tester , maybe even other independent test labs) do?

I have always seen malwares launched from PC on YT if I remember well.. Sorry if I am wrong

Bye!

Reactions: Svoll and roger_m

TestMyAV.com is connected to Cylance. Cylance developed some (or all ?) of the test scenarios on that site plus I think Cylance supplied funding or other resources. It is discussed somewhere on the web.

In the MRG Effitas link I posted above it is partly discussed.

Reactions: MalwareTracker

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.