The antivirus you are using is:

The antivirus you are using is:

• Total voters
B

Brian

Thread author
I am using a free antivirus. Are you paying for your antivirus?

darkelixa

Jul 3, 2011
Its a shame Avast Internet Securtiy only uses Windows Firewall instead of having its own, hence why I like the look of Eset and all of its reviews are very positive with speed and detection. One of the most expensive suites thou with no backup at all

iPanik

Feb 28, 2011
Just renewed my ESET Smart Security license so I'm all set :)

K__M said:
Avast has it's own firewall with many features to control programs.
yes and no. They have a firewall, but it uses Windows Firewall APIs so it's more like a front-end.

K__M

Jun 14, 2011
darkelixa said:
K__M said:
Avast has it's own firewall with many features to control programs.

The firewall runs off Windows 7 firewall rules thou?

Nope, has it's own. See:

firewall.jpg

B

Brian

Thread author
Yeah, I have recently switched from Avira to Avast. I don't regret the switch at all.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
I am using Emsisoft Anti-Malware, From the giveaway MalwareTips just had.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Been using Avast Free for about 5 years now, the last time I used a paid Antivirus is when I bought my XP system back in 2002 and it had a 2 year subscription of Norton already on it. Of coarse I only used it for a short period until I moved to Nod32 which was much lighter then settled with Avast Free. Norton used to be the biggest bloatware and Nod32 used to be the lightest. Now Avast is much lighter than Nod32 and the detection rate is also much better.

Thanks.:D

V

Vextor

Thread author
I'm using Emsisoft Anti-Malware, from MalwareTips's great giveaway. I also have McAfee, but hasn't done anything, and my comp config is very strong so no lag :cool:

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
I am not using an antivirus.
I am using Kubuntu and openSUSE, both of which are very secure operating systems that do not rely on antivirus programs for security.

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
I'm using Norton Internet Security 2011 for protection since it's one of the best available today and the money spent is really worth it.

I

illumination

Thread author
I am using CIS not one infection since starting, why pay when you can have great protection for free.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
thewolfsmith72 said:
why pay when you can have great protection for free.

It is my moto ^^ (only if it is equivalent of course).

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I'm using free antivirus, Avira Free even they have a toolbar from Ask I didn't bother it.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.