The Best Driver Updater For Windows By Your Experience ? - 2017

The Best Driver Updater For Windows By Your Experience ?

• Driver Booster

• Free Driver Scout

• DriverPack Solution

• Snappy Driver Installer

• SlimDrivers

• Driver Talent

• Device Doctor

• DriversCloud

• Driver Easy

• Other (Comment)

Results are only viewable after voting.

L S

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 16, 2014
Hello MalwareTips-ters :) :) ;)
I Decided to use new Driver Updater (Pro or Free - It doesn't matter ! ) .
So please give me your appreciated opinion and your experience to pick a good Driver Updater For Windows.
Here are some suggestions that I found for September 2017. but it would also help me a lot if you answered in comments about your experience about your Driver Updater.
Or if it is not shown here your favorite Driver Updater freely answer in the comments that it is.
Thank You Very Much ! :)

CoherentCrayon

Level 4
Verified
Jun 23, 2017
Hello MalwareTips-ters :) :) ;)
I Decided to use new Driver Updater (Pro or Free - It doesn't matter ! ) .
So please give me your appreciated opinion and your experience to pick a good Driver Updater For Windows.
Here are some suggestions that I found for September 2017. but it would also help me a lot if you answered in comments about your experience about your Driver Updater.
Or if it is not shown here your favorite Driver Updater freely answer in the comments that it is.
Thank You Very Much ! :)
I have only tried IOBit Driver Booster Free and it didn't destroy my system luckily lol. It has many features for a free driver updater compared to some others. If you want to backup the drivers without paying you can do so in Glary Utilities.

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
I have to say that usually I'm not worried about diver updates because already Windows 10 downloaded the main ones when I installed the latest Windows ISO.
Perhaps these drivers are not super updated, but I didn't have any problem.
However, some time ago I used Iobit Driver Booster Pro thanks to a giveaway and it found and installed maybe 12 not updated various drivers.
I haven't noticed any system improvements, but it certainly didn't cause any problem.

insanity

Level 5
Verified
Oct 9, 2016
For me, drivers are that kind of stuff I say: "if ain't broke, don't fix it". I don't see why it is necessary to keep updating drivers. Updates can cause instability in a perfectly running system. Driver updaters waste computer resources, and sometimes may install the wrong update. If I decided to update drivers, I would rather download them from the manufacturer's website. Some manufacturers (HP, Dell) have their own update utilities, so I would choose them instead.

Last edited:

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
I can tell from what I've used. Driver Booster, as far as I noticed, is good at finding latest updates from it's database, but it fails miserably in finding drivers which are not installed at all. DriverPack Solution dominates this area but it should be used with caution as it will install some unnecessary programs unless you opt them out.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I have tried a lot of them for years but I realized that I should only use them to install network drivers when there is no internet
if something is missing, I copy the driver ID and search fro the official OEM drivers or use iobit or snappy driver/driverpack to find the driver and then google for better drivers

Sound, HDD, graphic and chipset driver MUST be installed from the official installer or they can malfunction and cause a lot of problem
other drivers, we can try our luck with iobit and snappy driver installer

I always keep a copy of snappy driver installer with only wifi, LAN drivers downloaded, just in case

Last edited:

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
If you don't have any devices showing missing drivers in Device Manager, and are not experiencing any issues with your devices, there is not much need to update drivers. Having said that, I keep the drivers in my computers updated. I spend a lot of time testing driver update software, and in my experience, Wise Driver Care is currently the best driver update software there is. It has a very large database of driver updates, which means it does a much better job of finding drivers for devices with missing drivers than just about any other driver updater. It can replace generic drivers installed by Windows Update (e.g. a generic High Definition Audio driver) with the correct OEM ones. The driver updates it finds are often manufacturer supplied ones, e.g. if you have an HP computer then many of the driver it finds will be the ones released by HP. Also, it's rare for it to install incompatible drives, which will cause problems.

Driver Booster, is also pretty good, and like Wise Driver Care, it's rare for it to cause problems. However, its database of drivers is severely lacking when compared to WDC.

The paid pro versions of both of these, are regularly available as giveaways. However, the free versions do work well, and never require you to manually install any drivers, which is something you have to do with the free version of Driver Easy.

Driver Toolkit is also worthy of a mention, because it has a very large database of drivers, and can sometimes find drivers for devices with missing drivers, when other driver update software fails to.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.