The best on-demand scanners that allow user choice before deleting things?

Best on-demand scanners?

• Hitman Pro

Votes: 28 53.8%
  • Malwarebytes

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • SUPERAntispyware

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Norton Power Eraser

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Panda Cloud Cleaner

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Zemana AntiMalware

Votes: 25 48.1%
  • Comodo Cleaning Essentials

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ESET OnlineScanner

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Emsisoft Emergency Kit

Votes: 24 46.2%

• Total voters

Thanks. I would like to hear about the other scanners as to whether they allow user discretion and whether they allow leaving out PUPs detection. I have to admit candidly that I haven't scanned my system as often as I would like and as often as I used to because I think to myself "I don't think I'll be up to dealing with a big load of false positives tomorrow." (I always scan overnight.)

With EEK, at the end of a scan, everything that is detected will be shown in the final scan pane.

Yes... you have to review item-by-item - but at least you have the opportunity to pick-and-choose what you want to delete, quarantine and also create any exclusions.

HitmanPro is basically the same. If you don't want to have a lot of cookies in your final HMP scan, then run CCleaner or equivalent before running the HMP scan.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.