Comparison The best overall SSD

Hardware Comparison
11 Replies 3,066 Views
Thread details
Maximum budget (USD)
$0
Products to compare
1- Samsung MZVLB256HBHQ 256 GB
2- WD SN530 2565 GB
3- WD Blue SN500 500 GB

Divine_Barakah

Level 49
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Forum Veteran
Hello,


I have three SSDs and I want to use the best one of the following three SSDs

1- Samsung SSD OEM 256 GB that came with my Lenovo Legion

2- WD SN530 256 GB

3-WD Blue SN500500 GB


I want the best overall one in terms of performance to use on my main laptop. So which one is the best?
 
The WD Blue SN500 500GB should provide the best overall performance due to its larger capacity and good speed. However, individual performance can depend on specific use cases and system compatibility.
 
Run benchmark with CrystalDiskMark, and find out which one is performing the best (in random read and writes)
 
Run benchmark with CrystalDiskMark, and find out which one is performing the best (in random read and writes)
I can't do this. It would be too inconvenient to disassemble the laptop three times to change the SSD.
 
It looks like the OEM Samsung is the fastest of the 3:
1723399441469.png
 
I can't do this. It would be too inconvenient to disassemble the laptop three times to change the SSD.
I understand that, it's quite time consuming. Issue with taking bechmarks from sites or even your friends for exact same SSD is that sometimes manufacturers swap parts. It's not a big deal though, because it's not like the end user can tell a difference between either of those without running bechmarks.

Personally I would just pick the biggest SSD out of these as the system drive.
 
I understand that, it's quite time consuming. Issue with taking bechmarks from sites or even your friends for exact same SSD is that sometimes manufacturers swap parts. It's not a big deal though, because it's not like the end user can tell a difference between either of those without running bechmarks.

Personally I would just pick the biggest SSD out of these as the system drive.

Honestly I don't care about size. I have plenty of free space and I mainly use cloud. My goal to use the fastest out of the three ssds. According to users's benchmarks Samsung is the fastest.
 
Run benchmark with CrystalDiskMark, and find out which one is performing the best (in random read and writes)
The benchmark for the OEM SAmsung SSD.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot (22).png
    Screenshot (22).png
    1.7 MB · Views: 308
Random read is the common denominator. Get the one with the lowest latency and fastest random read which in this case is the WD Blue SN500 500 GB. Random read is what you want if you need snappy access to smaller files like documents, photos, etc. People are too focused on sequential read/write but we rarely transfer big single files.
 
Random read is the common denominator. Get the one with the lowest latency and fastest random read which in this case is the WD Blue SN500 500 GB. Random read is what you want if you need snappy access to smaller files like documents, photos, etc. People are too focused on sequential read/write but we rarely transfer big single files.
What is the most important factor that affects programme installation speed?
 
I have three SSDs and I want to use the best one of the following three SSDs

1- Samsung SSD OEM 256 GB that came with my Lenovo Legion

2- WD SN530 256 GB

3-WD Blue SN500500 GB


I want the best overall one in terms of performance to use on my main laptop. So which one is the best?
These 3 SSD are TLC, get one with the best factory warranty or get some better like MLC.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top