The Best???

Tony Cole

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2014
Hello Everyone!

I wanted to know, which internet security (paid) would you suggest for my laptop? I've been using Kaspersky for 2-3 months but my laptop start-up is so slow I wish to change to a different suite. I have license keys for Bitdefender, Emsisoft and Kaspersky???

Reactions: ALi

Sven

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 5, 2013
Bitdefender is way too buggy. Kaspersky's performance differs from one laptop to another and user from user. Some say its great, some say its slow on his/her lappy, it depends.

So I'd go with Emsisoft IS.

p.s : I feel that thread name is kinda wrong.

Last edited:

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Emisoft is good. The latest version of bitdefender is lighter and quiet stable. Check between these two products over ur PC and decide yourself which suits ur reqirements.

Reactions: ALi and Sven

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Verified
May 26, 2014
Avast free is the best free antivirus in my opinion. On my laptop in the living room, I have McAfee VirusScan Enterprise running and before, Norton Internet Security and they are running all right, but they use quite some resources. AVG is kinda mediocre in my opinion but its items fly everywhere and I had to spend a week tracking down mysterious folders when I uninstalled and I'm betting that more will fly out. Even Revo Uninstaller couldn't track down everything! I recommend Avast free for free antivirus and Bitdefender for paid for light systems and McAfee for top-notch computers with Intel i7 Haswell and at least 8 GB of RAM.

Geri

Level 1
Verified
May 26, 2014
I had the same problem with Kaspersky before. It slowed down my pc, and the uninstall process was kinda horror for me. I must admit Kaspersky is great product but somehow it doesn't like me :)

Bitdefender has some bugs (repeated signature update error, sometimes stop respond while removing threats, etc.). I'd defintely pick Emsisoft from these 3 competitors and the EIS 9 version is promising too ;)

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
ALERT ALERT ALERT NEWS FLASH: THERE IS NO BEST OR PERFECT ANTIVIRUS OR PROTECTION PROGRAM PERIOD.
When are people finally going to understand that it does not matter if you buy:

* Kaspersky
* Symantec
* Sophos
* G-Data
* Mcafee

Or any product of your choice, in the end of the day they ALL provide you with a similar protection level and will all do a fine job keeping you clean IF and only IF you use basic computer practices and common sense.

<Facepalm>

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
If I were you, I'd put that money in someone's hand that needs it or give it to charity and you got great options to be safe with a free AV.

So does that mean Tiranium will always remain free? afteral no money required right? Enough free alternatives?
Just janking your chain bro whahahahaha:rolleyes::D

Reactions: DaZa9

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.