Battle The Big Craze VPN software.

gantrix

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Nov 7, 2013
Hello I know the big craze now days is VPNs so got me curious dont want to ask whats the best one cause everyone has their own opinion on it. My question is I am looking for Fast reliable servers, P2P friendly, Secure servers. I currently have Windscribe for 3 years (I got it for 20$ on stacksocial) It passes all the tests I do but for some reason it dosent feel right but it could just be me paranoid. Ipvanish gave me 2 free months so my sub will renew in April. I really liking IPvanish fast secure and p2p friendly server stability is a little shaky at times. I heard some bad stuff about them so got me a little concerned. I am just curious what VPNs do you guys use and your own tests of those vpns. To give a little speed comparison. Internet line 100mb/s
No vpn 96 to 103 mb/s
All vpns connected to Netherlands server
Ipvanish 96mb/s
Nord 85mb/s
Windscribe 64mb/s
TunnelBear 14mb/s
Cyberghost 8mb/s

Those is what I have tested so far. Been hearing a lot about ProtonVpn So a deal for 1 year of Torguard vpn for 29.99. So just up for suggestions and recommendations?

Last edited:

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
I voted for NordVPN. I tried lots of VPNs, even ExpressVPN. I must say Nord offers a great variety of customization options to improve safety, even double encryption. There's an active offer to buy a 2yr or 3yr deal extremely cheap (like 75% off). You should grab it. It's safe, no logs, and I find it very fast. It has specialized P2P servers and 24/7 support plus live chat.

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
I voted for NordVPN. I tried lots of VPNs, even ExpressVPN. I must say Nord offers a great variety of customization options to improve safety, even double encryption. There's an active offer to buy a 2yr or 3yr deal extremely cheap (like 75% off). You should grab it. It's safe, no logs, and I find it very fast. It has specialized P2P servers and 24/7 support plus live chat.
How accurate is this comparison?
NordVPN vs Windscribe Feature Comparison - Windscribe

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
Windscribe for sure because in conjunction with the browser addon you watch USA Netflix. :cool:

Windscribe.... just because it works. (service is second to none,also)

I cannot agree more with @frogboy and @BigWrench ! Plus, don't for get all of these great features!

• Unlimited devices with Windscribe!
  • Firewall
  • Tracker Blocker
  • Cruise Control
  • P2P (if you need it)
  • Double VPN (host client and then web browser) / Triple VPN if you put it on your router!
  • Stealth mode
  • Log-less
EDIT:

All features can be found here: Windscribe's Unique Features - Windscribe

Below is some comparisons between NordVPN and Windscribe vs IPVanish and Windscribe. Personally, I don't think you can go wrong with Windscribe. I have been using Windscribe for a long time now. As @BigWrench has mentioned the VPN works well!

upload_2018-2-27_20-11-46.png

upload_2018-2-27_20-12-50.png

~Brian

Last edited:

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I've just started using ibVPN. While it's not that well known, it is very cheap , doesn't keep logs and when I started using it last night, it was impressively fast.

They have a full 24 hour trial, which gives you unlimited use, so you can try it and see if you like it before buying a subscription.

You can see the pricing at the following link and as you will see, it is a lot cheaper than most VPNs.
Plans VPN, SmartDNS and Proxy

I was using Private Internet Access for nearly a year. But in the last few months, the speed has dropped and connections have been somewhat unstable. As a result, I have rarely been using it lately. Of course, everyone's experience will vary, depending on what server they connect to.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.