Troubleshoot The cabinet with better ventilation.

eonline

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
Hi, I have a budget of 88. I would like to know which is the best cabinet with better ventilation. I say with better ventilation because I live in a very hot area and full of dust that flies. Thank you very much in advance. Greetings friends.

Last edited:

Digerati

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Mar 2, 2017
Does it have to be Corsair? I think their cases are well designed but I have had consistency problems with their construction. My last Corsair (400r) did not sit perfectly flat on all 4 feet. It wobbled. Though it flattened out when loaded up with computer parts, I always feared it not being "true" (perfect 90° bends) might put undue strain on the motherboard mounting points. I had another Corsair case that had rough, knuckle bleeding edges on the sheet metal that should have been properly smoothed out before leaving the factory. So I wonder about their quality control.

I like Fractal Design cases.

In any case, you just need to look for cases that support several large (140mm or larger) case fans. I like 2 in front and at least one in back. "Blowhole" (top) fans are nice too. I insist on cases with removable, washable air filters. Though filters do restrict air flow a little, they are still well worth it and much easier to clean than case interiors.

Is the room this computer will be in environmentally controlled (air conditioned)? If so, then ambient (room) temps should not be a problem. But if not, then understand no fan can cool the components cooler than the temperature of the room air.

Upvote 0

eonline

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
Because the brand you recommend is very expensive and in my country are not achieved.
I've been looking at two cabinets:
Cabinet Corsair Carbide Spec03 Midtower
Cabinet Pc Corsair Carbide Series Spec-04
I don't know if there's more at that price. Thanks a lot. Greetings friends.

Upvote 0

LoLs

Level 2
Verified
Dec 16, 2016
if i were you i keep the old casing, & bought good fan first.. like this one.
Corsair or Cooler MasterFan AF series - Air Flow fans are ideal for exhausting large volumes of air quickly out of the case
Corsair or Cooler MasterFan Pro AP Series - Air Pressure fans are ideal for funneling concentrated air short distances at hot components or tight spaces
or noctua series NF-F12 industrialPPC-3000 PWM.
And then when have enough $, try to get Full Tower Case.

I live in hot climate, so i keep open case. But lately i bought Infinity Ares :) it's open case model. There is a lil bit open air near tempered glass. Someday i will buy Full Tower Case for better air flow

Upvote 0

eonline

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
Ok, I may not be a Corsair brand cabinet. Thank you very much for the suggestions. Greetings friends.

Already edit the topic, from now on all the brands of cabinets enter. I'm waiting for your suggestions. Thanks a lot. Best regards.

@LoLs Thank you very much for your suggestion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Vasudev
Upvote 0

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Upvote 0

eonline

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
What do you think of the Corsair Carbide Air 540 cabinet? Thanks a lot. Greetings friends.
98EZm28.jpg

Reactions: harlan4096
Upvote 0

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
If the holes for the vents are placed in normal places on the case, then with good ventilators, there wouldn't be much different. Remember, fans and their positioning is more important than the case itself.
Some good ones are
NZXT S340 Matte Black/Red Steel ATX Mid Tower Case - Newegg.com
COOLER MASTER HAF series RC-912-KKN1 Black ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Newegg.com

Or if you can find some MasterCase lite/pro series to fit your budget.
I'd go with what @BoraMurdar suggested. NZXT or CM. I lean towards NZXT case because its compact.

Upvote 0

Digerati

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Mar 2, 2017
Because the brand you recommend is very expensive and in my country are not achieved.
Fractal Designed cases are prices competitively. As seen here the most excellent Define R5 is $125 compared to $150 for that Corsair Air 540. Of course, that is here in the US. If Fractal Design cases are not available where you live, the point is moot. :(

I live in hot climate, so i keep open case.
I keep open case
but I hear it's not right.
It typically is not the best option.

Understand the case side panel (when installed) works to "channel" the desired air flow, front-to-back (or bottom to top) through the case. If you remove the side panel that flow pattern is totally disrupted and even lost.

If you are not getting sufficient cooling with the side panel on, you need to add more case fans (or replace current case fans with bigger/better fans). Alternatively, if you really just want to run with the side panel off, I would urge you to blast a desk can into the open case.

That said, conventional cooling (fans and heatsinks) can at best, only cool electronics to the ambient (room) temperature. If your computer room is not environmentally controlled, changing your computing times to the cool of night may be your only option until the seasons change again.

And by all means, you should be monitoring your temps. I use and recommend Core Temp to monitor my CPU temps. Alternatively, I also like Speccy (from the makers of CCleaner) which provides much more "System Information". It has a notification/system tray applet too where you can monitor the CPU temp plus GPU, System (motherboard), and drives too.

Upvote 0

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Digerati (thanks!) wrote: "I use and recommend Core Temp to monitor my CPU temps."

- yes, I've used this Core Temp, Very nice handy little tool!
Core Temp Version 1.11 - 4th November, 2017
- New: Support for AMD EPYC (Naples) processors, Stoney Ridge APUs.
- New: Multiple processor group support. Fixes detection of CPUs on multi-socket systems with more than a total of 64 threads.
- New: Support for Intel Coffee Lake, Denverton, Gemini Lake.
- New: Support for Intel Xeon Phi (untested).
- and 9 Fixes.

Recently, I consult once in a while PowerTool/Hardware tab, have 3 temperatures (CPU, HardDrive, Motherboard)...

Last edited:
Reactions: harlan4096
Upvote 0

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Fractal Designed cases are prices competitively. As seen here the most excellent Define R5 is $125 compared to $150 for that Corsair Air 540. Of course, that is here in the US. If Fractal Design cases are not available where you live, the point is moot. :(

It typically is not the best option.

Understand the case side panel (when installed) works to "channel" the desired air flow, front-to-back (or bottom to top) through the case. If you remove the side panel that flow pattern is totally disrupted and even lost.

If you are not getting sufficient cooling with the side panel on, you need to add more case fans (or replace current case fans with bigger/better fans). Alternatively, if you really just want to run with the side panel off, I would urge you to blast a desk can into the open case.

That said, conventional cooling (fans and heatsinks) can at best, only cool electronics to the ambient (room) temperature. If your computer room is not environmentally controlled, changing your computing times to the cool of night may be your only option until the seasons change again.

And by all means, you should be monitoring your temps. I use and recommend Core Temp to monitor my CPU temps. Alternatively, I also like Speccy (from the makers of CCleaner) which provides much more "System Information". It has a notification/system tray applet too where you can monitor the CPU temp plus GPU, System (motherboard), and drives too.

Digerati (thanks!) wrote: "I use and recommend Core Temp to monitor my CPU temps."

- yes, I've used this Core Temp, Very nice handy little tool!
Core Temp Version 1.11 - 4th November, 2017
- New: Support for AMD EPYC (Naples) processors, Stoney Ridge APUs.
- New: Multiple processor group support. Fixes detection of CPUs on multi-socket systems with more than a total of 64 threads.
- New: Support for Intel Coffee Lake, Denverton, Gemini Lake.
- New: Support for Intel Xeon Phi (untested).
- and 9 Fixes.

Recently, I consult once in a while PowerTool/Hardware tab, have 3 temperatures (CPU, HardDrive, Motherboard)...
Fractal is good but prices are too high in India, so most go for NZXT & CM.
I replaced Coretemp and Speccy with HWINFO and HWMonitor since they are updated even CannonLake and Zen2.
Alternative option if ambients too high is to get a Open test bench case for best cooling. If the temps are still worse you might wanna go full Liquid metal on CPU for best temps.

Reactions: Prorootect
Upvote 0

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Fractal is good but prices are too high in India, so most go for NZXT & CM.
I replaced Coretemp and Speccy with HWINFO and HWMonitor since they are updated even CannonLake and Zen2.
Alternative option if ambients too high is to get a Open test bench case for best cooling. If the temps are still worse you might wanna go full Liquid metal on CPU for best temps.
Hi Vasudev,
Some of your technical terms in your post are like Chinese for me, but are well appreciated here!
Too bad my DeepL translator can't translate them hahaha:love:

Translated with DeepL Translator

Reactions: Vasudev
Upvote 0

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Hi Vasudev,
Some of your technical terms in your post are like Chinese for me, but are well appreciated here!
Too bad my DeepL translator can't translate them hahaha:love:

Translated with DeepL Translator
I couldn't get you at all. I used simple English words.
for monitoring use AIDA64, it's has function to auto shutdown your PC triggered by Temp
2gcnOHK.png
I simply forgot about AIDA64. Thanks.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.