Advice Request The certificates issues

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberTech

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
As the title says, well i had BD total security 2018 everything was good until then now i decided to replace it with the internet security 2019 (giveaway) today i thought all are good but there's one problem its Encrypted Web Scan when i visit any sites i got message alert like this >>>

OZY7JHr.jpg

i turn off Encrypted Web Scan its all good do you think is it safe if i turn off? please help me :giggle:

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Some av firms (Kaspersky, Avast-AVG, en others) are getting this issue with Chrome/FFQ (me also)... probably due to the new TLS 1.3, it's a matter of time that this issue will be fixed, so I'm patient :)

For Kaspersky, try to add the affected URLS in NetWork -> Manage Exclusions for Encrypting analysis...

CyberTech

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
I don't use BD but apparently they recommend users to temporarily turn off the feature when that issue happens.

Cannot access secure websites since I installed Bitdefender
What to do when Security Certificates cannot be verified/installed

I cant find both of them in BD settings :/ i think thats old version or maybe free :( i might try uninstall it and install the total security 2019 (giveaway)

Some av firms (Kaspersky, Avast-AVG, en others) are getting this issue with Chrome/FFQ (me also)... probably due to the new TLS 1.3, it's a matter of time that this issue will be fixed, so I'm patient :)

For Kaspersky, try to add the affected URLS in NetWork -> Manage Exclusions for Encrypting analysis...

Ah i see yea i guess so that sucks, and i dont have Kaspersky lol i would try it if there is giveaway xD..

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
I cant find both of them in BD settings :/ i think thats old version or maybe free

" Scan SSL " must be the equivalent to what you see in the Internet Security 2019 version called " Encrypted Web Scan ".
@harlan4096 does it help deactivate TLS 1.3?

yitworths

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
@CyberTech SSL protocol 2.0 is blocked by many av... Websites with EV cert may get exempted from scanning. Actual reason of error is probably decryption. Anyway, turning off Encrypted Web Scan will level down your protection for sure. Can ya try a vpn extension to access that website? As that would be tunneled through that vpn app, that may get through your av's web scan.

Mitronix477

Level 1
Verified
Sep 25, 2017
This happens when you install Bitdefender with the browsers opened.
I recommend uninstalling Bitdefender, and installing it again by downloading a new installation file from Bitdefender Central.
Once the file has been downloaded, close the browser, and install Bitdefender.

The issue should now be fixed.

NOTE: Don't forget to export your wallets and vaults if any so that you can restore them later when Bitdefender will be installed.

CyberTech

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Sorry for late reply..

Mmh I have Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2019 and no issues:unsure:

BD internet security 2019 have some problem i guess so

@CyberTech SSL protocol 2.0 is blocked by many av... Websites with EV cert may get exempted from scanning. Actual reason of error is probably decryption. Anyway, turning off Encrypted Web Scan will level down your protection for sure. Can ya try a vpn extension to access that website? As that would be tunneled through that vpn app, that may get through your av's web scan.

I dont care about SSL Scan i did turn off later after a few days i thought everything was good but there's a problem when i play the game its called GTAVO i respawn on the street so pop-up like ''Saving failed - unable to connect to the Rockstar game services'' every sec its annoying i dont care that later im going to the store i buy something it says unable to buy due to the servers! i dont know what to fix it i think its antivirus i uninstall it then restart the PC and i open a game/exe all are fine i was like really?? what problem is BD! i installed BD internet security 2018 everything is very good thank God, i tried many time ffs !

This happens when you install Bitdefender with the browsers opened.
I recommend uninstalling Bitdefender, and installing it again by downloading a new installation file from Bitdefender Central.
Once the file has been downloaded, close the browser, and install Bitdefender.

The issue should now be fixed.

NOTE: Don't forget to export your wallets and vaults if any so that you can restore them later when Bitdefender will be installed.

I did like 3-4 times same problem uninstall it with Revo & IObit after that i install it it says close your all apps before install it so i did close all then after that same problem. and yea i did from the official site and FileHippo as well. well i installed BD internet security 2018 all are ok....

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.