Status
Not open for further replies.

porkpiehat

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 30, 2015
Hi there, I've recently installed CIS 8, and would like to know the optimum settings to use.... I've tested it with the CLT TEST, and it needs some adjustments... so any input would be appreciated... cheers.

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
A default configuration came from factory should give you that CLT made from Comodo itself a perfect standard score; Sandbox in a pure logic is just a part of isolation therefore simulation attacks are still done. ;)

Reactions: Venustus and scot

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Porkpie- Do not do this. You may be able to pass some test or other, but turning off the sandbox is not wise as you are opening up your computer to a host of malware.

You must realize that the results of whatever test are meaningless if run in a Virtual environment (the sandbox). A close analogy would be The Matrix. If you saw the movie, the characters within the Matrix were convinced that they were doing all sorts of things when in actuality they were laying in a bed of ooze. CLT in the sandbox presents a similar scenario- it thinks that it is manipulating all sorts of things, but these things are also virtualized and have no bearing on what is occurring in your actual system.

In short by turning off the sandbox you are making a grave mistake based on faulty data. PLEASE don't do it!!!

porkpiehat

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 30, 2015
cruelsister, yes, I was just doing it for the test... thanks for the warning, and I'd love your input on my other thread on optimum setting for CIS 8.. cheers..

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
The CLT test tool hasn't been updated to cover the new Comodo features, such as the Auto-Sandbox. As suggested above, don't disable security features just for higher test scores.

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
Speaking for the sandboxing feature, I recommend to go into it's settings and make sure it can sandbox on drive files and not just files from the internet. The sandbox trust all files on your hard drive whether they are unknown or not on default settings. I myself when using CIS or CFW told it to scrutinize all files no matter they they were from by switching it's setting to "Any" in one of the setting areas.

Keep in mind this is a personal preference so don't do it unless you want to be bothered by sandbox a lot more than normal. It should in general give better protection against zero days and the like and Comodo's AV needs all the help it can get.

Y

yigido

Speaking for the sandboxing feature, I recommend to go into it's settings and make sure it can sandbox on drive files and not just files from the internet. The sandbox trust all files on your hard drive whether they are unknown or not on default settings. I myself when using CIS or CFW told it to scrutinize all files no matter they they were from by switching it's setting to "Any" in one of the setting areas.

Keep in mind this is a personal preference so don't do it unless you want to be bothered by sandbox a lot more than normal. It should in general give better protection against zero days and the like and Comodo's AV needs all the help it can get.
You are right. I suggest to use "Proactive Configuration" it has no weakness that you said ;)

D

Deleted member 178

The CLT test tool hasn't been updated to cover the new Comodo features, such as the Auto-Sandbox. As suggested above, don't disable security features just for higher test scores.

exactly, the test is totally obsolete and not even legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.