The Man who Protects Our Bank Accounts

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
An unassuming 53-year-old who likes playing the piano in his spare time, he is responsible for the security of $4 trillion (£3.2tn) of bank deposits around the world.

Mr Fernandez is the founder and boss of a company that is as little known as he is - Avaloq. It is one of the world's largest providers of banking software.

used by more than 450 banks around the world, including the UK's Barclays, HSBC, and Royal Bank of Scotland, plus Deutsche Bank, Societe Generale, UBS and Nomura

To help make its software as secure as possible, the company has a novel approach - it pays technology firms in Israel to attack it.

Bulletproof

"The Israelis are very, very good, they [the young tech workers] are coming out of active military service, and they are brilliant.

We regularly appoint them to attack our systems in a controlled way, and then with their help we try to make our systems bulletproof.

We do our homework, security is a constant thing... we get thousands of attacks per year but so far, touch wood, we have never had an intrusion into our systems."
- Mr Fernandez​

Read More: High security: The man who protects our bank accounts - BBC News

W

Wave

Hahaha. No attacks? Well if I was legally allowed, give me a few minutes to get my code execution and then it's game over. Obviously I'd never try because it's illegal and would count as an attempt to rob, but if it's running on Windows then... Hahaha.

They can't block exploits within Windows OS itself which they don't know about/aren't patched... ;) :p

Better yet, hook the functions in their own libraries containing their own functions and let it pass through the callbacks making no changes, let them find it 5 years later. :D

But hook the normal runtime so when they check the byte comparisons it says the prologue is fine :D :D :D

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.