The most idiotic fix you had to do

• Thread starter Deleted member 178
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Some of us are IT or repair guy, and customers sometimes call us desperately to fix their computer, but when in front of their system , the "issue" was so easy/stupid/unbelievable, that you laughed/felt loose time.

so what was it?

Example:

I was called at 11pm by a known customer that begged me to intervene at her domicile to fix her computer; so grace of my great "generosity" (and her attractive looking), i went there.

when i arrived, she explained to me that she doesn't get connections to Internet, effectively she don't have until i plugged in the cable of the modem... she said "oh im so sorry to made you come here just for that"

she was nice, paid my fees, invite me to have a coffee and we "talked" for 3h :D

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Was a IT repair guy for a school for about 6 months, because where I was doing my Cert IV in Networking it was next to a school and thought that I could help them out a bit while I was doing the course. Anyway, as I was in the little room that all school IT techs get, doing the normal duties handy out little kiddies laptops. Everything was fine, till about half way during the day (about lunch time) kiddies started to come to the window and asked what is the problem with their laptop, etc, when this young girl came to the window and asked why her machine won't boot up. What we do every night before everything gets locked up we put the battery's that went dead during the day on charge for the next day (makes sense) but she asked what was wrong it won't boot up, so I looked at it and found out pretty much straight away it was the battery, and I had this feeling that she had no idea what was a laptop in general, ha. Anyway gave her the laptop with a new charger and she went on her merry way.

So if you understood that sweet story, some people have no sense of where power gets the laptop to turn on. :p

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
McLovin said:
So if you understood that sweet story, some people have no sense of where power gets the laptop to turn on. :p

yes laptops use solar power ^^

Detection

Level 1
Feb 25, 2011
I worked in a small pc repair shop a while back and some woman phoned in asking if it was normal for little white spiders to be crawling out of her keyboard

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Switch it off and back on again.

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
and her attractive looking

Talked for three hours my arse! You know that most that use their looks to get special favors don't usually excel in intelligence. She knew what she was doing, and so did you, you hound. lol

Just kidding, but I could be right. hehe

I heard a complaint that an HP printer would not print. After doing some minor investigations and rebooting everything, I saw that the printer was not plugged into the PC. How it got unplugged in the first place, I have no idea.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
In the hospital my father is working in, there is a small meeting room with a PC with an 18 inch monitor and a large LCD TV (probably 42"). The IT department was careless about helping them to use the large screen instead of the small one, and kept saying we will get you a cable, and still after few months from that time, no help was offered. So I asked my father to go to the meeting room and try to solve the problem. I found both screens have a VGA port, I just removed the cable from the small screen and connected it to the larger one. Problem solved. :lolz:

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
ZOU1 said:
and her attractive looking

Talked for three hours my arse! You know that most that use their looks to get special favors don't usually excel in intelligence. She knew what she was doing, and so did you, you hound. lol

Just kidding, but I could be right. hehe

hahahaha there is some young members here so i don't want hurt their sensibility :666: (btw, you were right :p )

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
My brother in law took a call from a person asking if she should take the "foot switch" out of the "dust cover" because it didn't seem to work properly.

She was trying to use the mouse (inside the "new mouse" packaging) with her foot. :)

I

illumination

Thread author
HeffeD said:
My brother in law took a call from a person asking if she should take the "foot switch" out of the "dust cover" because it didn't seem to work properly.

She was trying to use the mouse (inside the "new mouse" packaging) with her foot. :)

Gota love them old seamstresses ;)

softwareFREEk

Level 1
Verified
Dec 27, 2012
at work I was asked "Can you take a look at my mouse and tell me why it won't work anymore, do I need a new one?'

SO I took a look under the mouse and found that there was a piece of small paper stuck
with sticky tape to the bottom of it effectively rendering the laser useless lolol

removed said piece of paper and what do you know :p

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
A friend typed Google into Google and that blew up the local ADSL exchange, To say - the neighbors weren't happy being without Internet for over 1 week.

I've fixed it now by changing his default search engine to Bing so it never happens again.

Thanks!

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
MrXidus said:
A friend typed Google into Google and that blew up the local ADSL exchange, To say - the neighbors weren't happy being without Internet for over 1 week.

:biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.