The Most Secure and Private Search Engines

I don't care which one that I use, as long as I am proxied when I use it. I don't want any of those groups knowing something as simple as what kind of food I eat. Besides that, my PC is as "Googleless" as I can make it; no Chrome, no Earth, etc.

The gist is that I realize marketing and advertising stats are necessary for capitalism and free trade to thrive---that said, I refuse to watch TV commercials (DirecTV), internet ads, or otherwise assist others in marketing schemes; to wit, I even turn the radio down when commercials start. If I am listening to Pandora and a commercial starts, I pull off my headphones for about 30 seconds (they made it to where when you turn down their volume icon it causes the commercial to pause).


If you don't want to fool with a proxy, and want to remain anonymous, I suggest that you use www.startpage.com.
 
Privatelee Search Engine: http://privatelee.com/ - try HTTPS version also ..
Qrobe.it Search Engine: http://qrobe.it/ - try HTTPS version also ..
Ahdle - The Family Friendly Search Engine: http://ahdle.com/

none of these work properly in comodo dragon. anyone else having the same issue? it says the search didnt return any results but it works fine in IE.
and none of my extensions are blocking these.
 
woomera said:
none of these work properly in comodo dragon. anyone else having the same issue? it says the search didnt return any results but it works fine in IE.
and none of my extensions are blocking these.

Did you try disabling the Comodo Secure DNS feature. I read a lot of people have a problem with disrupting their browsing sessions.
 
.
It's NO problem for me personally, but: Scroogle, Privacy-First Search Engine, Shuts Down for Good : on betabeat.com : http://www.betabeat.com/2012/02/21/scroogle-privacy-first-search-engine-shuts-down-for-good/ - with post date: 2012/02/21 ..

To forget to forget ..
 
Won't Google be a secure web search engine as well, because they did change it that when you are logged in you view the page as HTTPS.
 
Well their site encrypted.google.com came to be a permanent HTTPS even though you are not sign in.
 
woomera said:
Privatelee Search Engine: http://privatelee.com/ - try HTTPS version also ..
Qrobe.it Search Engine: http://qrobe.it/ - try HTTPS version also ..
Ahdle - The Family Friendly Search Engine: http://ahdle.com/

none of these work properly in comodo dragon. anyone else having the same issue? it says the search didnt return any results but it works fine in IE.
and none of my extensions are blocking these.

If you have the ***Do not allow websites to know where you came from (suppress HTTP Referrer header)*** "ticked" in Comodo Dragon, these search engines will not work properly..
 
Personally, I don't mind about the Google stuff. I use a privacy script, and I've disabled search history. I use Gmail, but no other Google services, although I may use Google+ if I feel like it. DuckDuckGo is good, but it needs time to harvest more websites and to get it's crawler just right, so I can depend on it, because while I was using that, I was constantly using the !bang syntax, which is annoying if you have to do it often.
 
Last edited:

You may also like...