The need for speed (and security): Cloudflare has developed a new DNS service for PCs and phones

AlanOstaszewski

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 27, 2017
For me it works. I don't know why some users have a problem with reaching that.
1522670418300.png

codswollip

Level 23
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
Does the metal post count as part of the road sign on captcha?
... and what about the signs along the opposite lane for which you can only see the back... or street name signs... or those saying 'good food ahead...5km'... I get better results with buses and crosswalks.
seems like I can never use this DNS
Maybe you missed the captcha with the invisible Ophelia's.

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017

Draygoes

Level 1
Verified
Mar 29, 2018
Pray tell; Will this act in any way like a VPN?
I mean to ask; A VPN provides complete privacy from your ISP. Does this do the same?

Draygoes

Level 1
Verified
Mar 29, 2018
No. While your DNS requests won't be being resolved by your ISP your actual traffic will still be going directly to said ISP.
Ah, thanks for the clarity.
I am not sure that I am getting any speed binifts from the service, but I figure that I might as well keep it.

Reactions: frogboy

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Anyone tested for DNS leak from this site

My Private Network - DNS Leak Test - Test Your DNS Settings Now

It shows I'm connected to Google DNS despite setting to connect to CloudFlare

:rolleyes:

Edit - Today the surfing at the same public WiFi hotspots as yesterday is damn slow......and now dead. Checked the tablet and hp with CloudFlare DNS setting but leak test reveals connection to Google DNS instead. I tried Tenta DNS...also connects to Google DNS only. I think the ISP is blocking the changing of DNS resolvers for public WiFi hotspots

Last edited:

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
... and what about the signs along the opposite lane for which you can only see the back... or street name signs... or those saying 'good food ahead...5km'... I get better results with buses and crosswalks.

I'm serious. I am inclined to view on Captcha the signpost as part of the road sign and not the sign proper only. But I still haven't figured out which way Captcha views it. Are you supposed to click on the squares that show portions of the signpost but not the sign proper?

Reactions: frogboy

codswollip

Level 23
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
I'm serious. I am inclined to view on Captcha the signpost as part of the road sign and not the sign proper only. But I still haven't figured out which way Captcha views it. Are you supposed to click on the squares that show portions of the signpost but not the sign proper?
I never do. Of course I never pass the first road sign check, and IIRC, I seldom pass this challenge ever. Usually I just keep clicking "Skip" until I get cars/bus/crosswalk/storefront or one of their newer challenges. I also note which VPN connections work more easily and those that are troublesome.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.