The need for speed (and security): Cloudflare has developed a new DNS service for PCs and phones

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
From what I have tested, it finds IPs quickly, exactly what it should do. However, one big problem. It resolves to the actual IP of a domain instead of resolving to the closest CDN. For some people that might be great, to me, that's an issue on websites such as YouTube where videos take longer to load. I'm not sure I am using the right term but here is an example.
nslookup google.com with my current resolver: IP 216.******** (which is a server in Los Angeles, closest to me, ping 23 ms)
nslookup google.com with Cloudfare: IP 74.******** (it gave me the result instantly, but ping is 187 ms)

So whatever is going on on my end, Cloudfare gives me fast results but points me at the wrong servers.

Reactions: ZeroDay and upnorth

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.