App Review The New Facebook Attack by rynesandbergfan23

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Status
Not open for further replies.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Another reason why people should give up on FaceBook. To much malware.

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
yes, but if facebook user is not easy to click-click to strange links or unreasonable. they will not get a virus from facebook.

** like me, I NEVER do it. So, I'm safe.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
win7holic said:
yes, but if facebook user is not easy to click-click to strange links or unreasonable. they will not get a virus from facebook.

** like me, I NEVER do it. So, I'm safe.

Yeah, but what about the people that are not computer illiterate, who when they see a link as FaceBook they just click it and not realise it. They are the ones that are in danger.

D

Deleted member 178

you right Mclovin, common people dont have our knowledge, they are the prime targets of cyber-criminals. the topics we discuss here and comment are destined to those kind of people, if they were all ITs our Forum will be useless.

@Win7 : we all know you have some knowledge too, like everybody here (at different levels) but it is not necessary for you to say on every thread about vulnerabilities than you are safe of it because you did this or that :D

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
Yes. I know it.
that's why rynesandbergfan23 make a video about it.
for all FB users to know about it, mclovin:)

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Yeah, that is a good thing that this person made a YouTube video about it, but there are other ways to get the message across, because people that just use FaceBook, will only use that, yes they might watch YouTube, but why would they watch this, not saying it is a bad thing about making YouTube videos, it is just that we could alert FaceBook of this so that they send a message to all of its users about the sites.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
The reason why many users infected by a vector in Facebook is the lack of knowledge through security. Its like for them that Facebook design for connecting friends nothing more and nothing less.

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
jamescv7 said:
The reason why many users infected by a vector in Facebook is the lack of knowledge through security. Its like for them that Facebook design for connecting friends nothing more and nothing less.

and, social networks such as facebook, "not" should as tools spreading malware!
then, it's not social networking, but Malware Networking.
:p

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
You sometimes also can not help malware to be spread around FaceBook, because there those kind of people out there that all they want to do is take money from people and take that security away from them.

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
It's just normal for Social Networking sites to be used to spread malware because it's the place in where there's a lot of people so don't be surprised. Malware Authors takes a deep look on where lots of people converges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.