Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
The Antikythera Mechanism
The secrets of one of the most remarkable technological finds from Ancient Greece have been probed for the first time using powerful X-ray imaging equipment, specially shipped to Athens.
The Antikythera Mechanism as it is known, is regarded as the world's oldest "computer" and is thought to have been used to predict solar and lunar eclipses and record dates of the ancient Olympiad. Its remains were recovered from a Roman shipwreck off the southern coast of Greece in 1901.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antikythera_mechanism

Original:
tumblr_mnq63rPGsW1qaityko4_1280.jpg

Replica:
450px-Antikythera_model_front_panel_Mogi_Vicentini_2007.JPG

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Thank you venustus for the news about the Antikythera Mechanism, very interesting!
I have always been interested in this ancient Greek mechanism, for many years already!

Venustus

Level 59
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
I wonder what AV they used? :p
Eset of course!!:p
Thank you venustus for the news about the Antikythera Mechanism, very interesting!
I have always been interested in this ancient Greek mechanism, for many years already!
You are welcome!:)
Please feel free to add any further information on it:)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.