The paranoid one settings

• Thread starter The paranoid one
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The paranoid one

Thread author
Almost all my applications run virtualized, especially browsers.

Comodo Firewall is configured to CruelSister specifications

My mail accounts are from ProtonMail and Tutanota

I have a number of habits like unplugging the computer's electricity from the desktop (the only one I have) and the router when I'm not using them.

Some advice on privacy/security is well received

Thank you

T

The paranoid one

Thread author
Hi again :)

I changed my antivirus. F-Secure is really annoying reminding me continually that I do not have Windows Firewall enabled. Avast free with Jack's settings is my first defensive line now.
I am well covered now ?, I mean, I think I have a good general defense, but there are more specific tools against exploits or ransomware and I do not know if my current configuration would protect me well in these scenarios.
Thank you

T

The paranoid one

Thread author
Many changes

Comodo and Avast are a great defense, but I have suffered conflicts in my system and decided to make changes, too many changes maybe :rolleyes:
I try to have a good defense and not too much paranoid :oops:

Removed List
LastPass
Comodo Firewall
Avast

Added List
KeePass (with browser extensions)
WFC Binisoft
Windows Defender
ZAM Premium with real time protection

Let me know your opinion, please

Reactions: Sunshine-boy

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
Many changes

Comodo and Avast are a great defense, but I have suffered conflicts in my system and decided to make changes, too many changes maybe :rolleyes:
I try to have a good defense and not too much paranoid :oops:

Removed List
LastPass
Comodo Firewall
Avast

Added List
KeePass (with browser extensions)
WFC Binisoft
Windows Defender
ZAM Premium with real time protection

Let me know your opinion, please
you went from paranoid to not protected at all.

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
The PC is protected. Just because someone decides on using Windows Defender, doesn't mean they cannot protect their PC.
so it's the user protecting the computer and not the software? what's the point of the software then..
what's protecting him from ransomware coming from email attachments? what's protecting him from exploits? WD surely not.

if he wouldn't have ZAM with Pandora enabled, he would be vulnerable to anything that isn't at least 2 days old.

Reactions: The paranoid one

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
so it's the user protecting the computer and not the software? what's the point of the software then..
what's protecting him from ransomware coming from email attachments? what's protecting him from exploits? WD surely not.
Well you clearly have issues with users opt-ing for Windows Defender, by your choice of idiotic questions and lack of logic.

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
Well you clearly have issues with users opt-ing for Windows Defender, by your choice of idiotic questions and lack of logic.
Show me where is the lack of logic with countering my "idiotic" questions.
by this logic you have an issue with users opt-ing for 3rd party software over WD.
no need for any name calling, especially from a staff member.

Reactions: The paranoid one
T

The paranoid one

Thread author
Well, first of all, thanks for the tips, I'm learning reading your posts
And like @BugCode says, keep calm please, I only want learning i don´t like conflicts
Comodo gave me problems with some Yandex extensions and Avast works better in my wife´s system with "only" Windows Firewall, then i could keep Avast on my computer, but, now, i prefer use WD, because i have lately "Common Sense Activated"

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.