The PC is not dead, we just don't need new ones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
The PC is not dead, we just don't need new ones - topic here ..

The PC is not dead, we just don't need new ones: on idiallo.com : http://idiallo.com/blog/2013/10/pc-is-not-dead-no-need-for-new-ones

When was the last time you needed to buy a new PC? Two years ago? Three years ago? The last PC I built was in 2009. I had to upgrade because I pushed the previous one I built to the limit and that was in 2004. A 2009 desktop is old in computer years, but not so much in processing power. It maybe true that there are a zillion new processors out in the market and their benchmark show exponential improvement. But to me benchmarking is just a marketing gimmick. PC sales are plunging but they are the wrong indicator to determine the advancement of the technology. The reason we are not buying PCs anymore is because those we have are already pretty amazing.
.. ..

PC makers and retailers will have a hard time convincing people to buy new PCs because they are mostly repackaged goods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.