when a young women approached me with the earlier question
it don't look like a Beggar yet i felt sorry for her
anyway they told me not to help her and they sent her in her way
and told me that i was Naive !!!

just wanted to Know what was the right thing to do
because till today i fell i should have helped her

P.S this is not the end of story but i didn't want to share more than that
Most of my Life i'm paying for Being Good and trying to Help people
just wanted to Know that is it worth it ? is it worth the trouble ?

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
It was probably a lie. I prefer giving to homeless people in my neighborhood that I see every day. I know what type of "medicine" they buy since they are drunk 24/7 but I'm not trying to change their lives.

ranget

Thread author
Dec 8, 2011
it's probably right but also it wouldn't make me broke if i gave her the money
maybe she was really in need
also wouldn't hurt if i lost a couple of bucks in the price of that medicine even if it was a scam :S

some time i just don't know how to act or what to do

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
some time i just don't know how to act or what to do
It happens to everyone.

She won't be the only one asking you some money ;) In the meantime you could try giving to someone that you know is in need, it might make you feel better about yourself.

I

illumination

Here is some advice, from an older gentleman"me" ... What ever you put out into this world always comes back to you, even if your helping someone that's intentions were not just. Helping others is a serious part of life. Keep in mind though, to only do so, when you can. Basically remembering, you can not help others, if you do to the point that you can not help yourself.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Once I met a man standing outside a fast food restaurant asking for money for food. I told him to come on in and I'd buy him lunch. He said, no, he didn't want to be a bother and I probably didn't want to be seen with him. I could just give him the money and he'd do it himself. I just shrugged and went inside.

I bought him some food along with mine, and went back outside to give it to him. He looked incredibly mad. He threw it in the trash and stomped off...

ranget

Thread author
Dec 8, 2011
thnaks HeffeD

but the thing was that the women told the Medicin name and said if i could get for her

Bad Guy stopped me from doing that
and he accused her that she Look like she has money
and just she is social engineering her way to free stuff

I

illumination

Not that my opinions or advice are heeded much in this forum, but to break it down for you, it is rather simple..

It is not "others" place to tell you what to think or do, regarding your morals. If a person offers an opinion, it is one thing. You have to and need to do what feels right to you.

One can look at this scenario in two ways.
1. The lady could have actually been in a bad spot and your kindness and generosity could have made all the difference to her or for her..
2. She could have been taking advantage of you, in which case your generosity would have seemed a waste, but in truth, if it did not break your bank account, your giving may have ultimately changed her life in another sense.

It is amazing how even people with bad intentions, can see when people give of themselves, and can be touched and or effective in a positive way from it..

So no matter which way you went, approaching this situation from a positive stand point, could have effected it in a positive way. It is all about perspective when making these type of choices.

As to my post above, it was what i was trying to suggest, but also trying to point out, to not help others to the point, you do yourself in and can not help yourself. Give if you have it to give.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
That happened to me when I was going out of the super market 3 years ago. We were living in a compound and there were people whose job is to clean the roads and buildings (I don't know what's the name of that job :D). One of them was going towards the supermarket and asked me for a very few amount of money. I know their salaries are low, so I decided to give him. He smiled at me and thanked me.

But for someone whom I don't know, that would be confusing. I have seen many times people asking for money and hiding good mobile phones. After seeing that many times, I started not giving them to strangers but we don't know, sometimes people may be in need.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
In the Philippines, there are lot of beggars from the street and me and my parents encountered it.

There is a case about begging for a money of a mother due to illness of the child itself so we didn't hesitate to give that even its a small amount as its our generosity and contribution.

Some beggars would use the money for rugby (a kind of drugs inhalation that actually use like a glue) unfortunately they must be rehabilitate to change their lives for better future.

thecombo101

Level 1
Mar 24, 2012
I don't usually give money because the beggars might use it to buy drugs and other dangerous stuff like that. Instead, I just give them food and they're happy.

D

Deleted member 178

thecombo101 said:
I don't usually give money because the beggars might use it to buy drugs and other dangerous stuff like that. Instead, I just give them food and they're happy.

+1

ranget

Thread author
Dec 8, 2011
thanks you all for you posts
but i wanted to say probably the best thing i should have done is sending her to
some kind of helping charity they probably know how to deal with this situation
and now in my country i'm having a lot of these encounters
beggars are increasing more and more .......
but the thing the most annoy me that she is not like the ordinary begger with torn cloth and all

anyway i will be helpful in the future what ever was the situation
to be scammed better than to be bad to others
after all it's not that big amount of money

pcjunklist

Level 1
Dec 28, 2011
I don't give them any money. When I hit the liquor store before coming home they are always in line and they aren't buying milk and bread.

D

Deleted member 178

In Thailand i saw a crippled beggars with his legs totally dislocated,moving only by his arms, i considered giving him money but my wallet was empty then i went to my hotel, later, late in the night i went out and i saw the same guy alone in a dark alley , at my surprise, he rearranged his legs stood up and left on his motorbike....

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
You guys never had a taste of India. IF generous people like HeffeD lived here you would have gone bankrupt. There are lost of neggers down the street at the station and every where. Most of the pretend to be injured. Most children are sold and druged into begging. Here the worlds bad. Here people pester you to give them money and begging is a profession. But yes if I see very old people shunned by their wards, i do help them. Ranget if she said the medicine name you should have borught her. Do you know its very diffucult to beg. IT husrts your inner feelings.

D

Deleted member 178

malbky said:
You guys never had a taste of India. IF generous people like HeffeD lived here you would have gone bankrupt. There are lost of neggers down the street at the station and every where. Most of the pretend to be injured. Most children are sold and druged into begging. Here the worlds bad. Here people pester you to give them money and begging is a profession. But yes if I see very old people shunned by their wards, i do help them. Ranget if she said the medicine name you should have borught her. Do you know its very diffucult to beg. IT husrts your inner feelings.

i really agree with you. i saw many times the cases you described.

Alice

May 4, 2012
The Price for Being Good
on my way to work every day, I saw 2 homeless people begging one man and a woman,
on the same street I us to give them some money some times food never passed them without,
giving them something,
one day going down the street I stopped to give them money as usual them discovered I had left my cash in the locker at work at work, so I said Sorry I will see you tomorrow as to day I have no money
Next thing I know the woman is in my face shouting and screaming so I backed off fast,
then felt a sharp pain in my back everything went fussy then black.

Woke up in the hospital 2 days and one surgery later , The homeless man had stabbed me in the left kidney which then had to be removed my recovery was long , and the police never found the man,
I am 6feet 2 inch and a x female soldier, and that guy did me good,, I was lucky enough to be alive....

lesson learned the hard way, Never Again

ranget

Thread author
Dec 8, 2011
well i'm sorry to hear that allice
and i'm glad you're ok right now

anyway i usually don't fall for those beggers that malbky said about
well the kids is another thing i give them money well not in a big quantity
also you can always give them food or a jug of milk or anything they need
not just money if you know that they are going to miss use it

but as a man or a women who are in need really Like a man who is need a medicin
that just lame thing i did :( i hope god forgives me

pcjunklist

Level 1
Dec 28, 2011
How about the millionaire beggar
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/mar/27/beggar-talat-habibian-slumdog-millionaire

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.