The Price for Being Good

B

Brian

bogdan said:
You could try giving to someone that you know is in need, it might make you feel better about yourself.

Excellent advice, Bogdan. :)

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
HeffeD said:
Once I met a man standing outside a fast food restaurant asking for money for food. I told him to come on in and I'd buy him lunch. He said, no, he didn't want to be a bother and I probably didn't want to be seen with him. I could just give him the money and he'd do it himself. I just shrugged and went inside.

I bought him some food along with mine, and went back outside to give it to him. He looked incredibly mad. He threw it in the trash and stomped off...

Did you forget the fries?

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
@Alice Bad. No beggers are not so violent here. Although government to a level provides housing and employment opportunities they some are relucatant to accept them. They dont want to improve themselves. IF you go to some states of India like Punjab and Kerela, you would find very very very few beggars.

jenniferatemple

Verified
Oct 2, 2013
I once gave a guy at a long line bus depot a donation of $5 for a good story. An attendant asked me if I had just given the guy something and I confirmed that I had. He ridiculed me for being naive. I replied ,"I'd rather err on the side of generosity and either way, I saw him as a destroyed person, let God sort it all out. I never give more than I can afford and so I feel lucky to not need to beg from strangers." That ended the conversation. So, my bottom line is I'd rather earn brownie points with the Almighty than not! I'm not rich but I'm not in need, I am very much more fortunate than many and I know it.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I returned a lost phone via post, got a £15 cheque in return. Never cashed it in.

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
I had, a long time ago, a fleeting encounter with a bum, tramp - artist. Meet in the street .. I invited him to my house, and bought some of his works - to help him in this way.
His work he could produce very fast, but they were a little fruit of chance .. He was putting the ink stains or paints between two sheets of paper, and pressed against each other. He had about one hundred works of art like this in his bag ..

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
I think that you should not give money to just anyone on the street, and certainly not to the begging childrens.

We are responsible for what these people will do with the money.

The money can be given for relevant organizations, which are honestly will be used to rescue the poor.

We do it every year.

PS.
You can help people, but cats too.
Cats do not lie, they are really in a difficult situation on the street, in danger of loss of life ..

jenniferatemple

Verified
Oct 2, 2013
Prorootect said:
I think that you should not give money to just anyone on the street, and certainly not to the begging childrens.

We are responsible for what these people will do with the money.

The money can be given for relevant organizations, which are honestly will be used to rescue the poor.

We do it every year.

I will never give to a major charity when the CEOs earn hundreds of thousands of dollars a year, they get paid FIRST and take priority over any good works to be done. Mainly on the backs of people like me, earning less than $20,000 a year. Often, considerably less! Then, the next priority is to spend a huge bulk of what's left on expensive fund raising companies, whose CEO ALSO earns hundreds of thousands. Finally the dregs might get to do some little good. Worse, the charities fight between themselves to be in the best position for photo ops rather than the area of greatest need! Let them get their priorities in order first! At least if I give to a guy on the street, I know where it has gone! I even give to the odd drunk, honest enough to say I want an other drink. I give money and tell them to look up AA if they decide they want to live. No charity ever cured alcoholism & it was not a choice when they took that first drink! I also have my favorite street charities. One of whom, after 3 years trying, finally got a min. wage full time job. You never met a happier man. I was glad to be one of those that helped keep him alive!
Sorry, I am one of those who may be known as the "creatively maladjusted"! (M.L.K.)

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
There's a guy in my local town, some years ago he met a woman on the internet from another country, I don't know which country. Anyway she moved over here and into his house, they got married and after 2 years she suddenly wanted a divorce. As his wife of 2 years she was entitled to half of the house he'd spent his entire life paying for. He suspected she had met somebody else and that the whole thing had been a setup to get their hands on the money from his house.

It went to court and the guy was ordered to either pay his ex wife/ con artist half the value of the house or sell the house and split it that way. The guy went home and the very same night burnt the house to the ground! rather than give this con artist half of the money. He is now homeless and sleeps in skips and bus shelters. Every Time myself or family members see him we buy him a meal a give him some money, yes he buys alcohol with the money but I figure the guy needs a drink after all that.

jenniferatemple

Verified
Oct 2, 2013
ZeroDay said:
There's a guy in my local town, some years ago he met a woman on the internet from another country, I don't know which country. Anyway she moved over here and into his house, they got married and after 2 years she suddenly wanted a divorce. As his wife of 2 years she was entitled to half of the house he'd spent his entire life paying for. He suspected she had met somebody else and that the whole thing had been a setup to get their hands on the money from his house.

It went to court and the guy was ordered to either pay his ex wife/ con artist half the value of the house or sell the house and split it that way. The guy went home and the very same night burnt the house to the ground! rather than give this con artist half of the money. He is now homeless and sleeps in skips and bus shelters. Every Time myself or family members see him we buy him a meal a give him some money, yes he buys alcohol with the money but I figure the guy needs a drink after all that.

I ALWAYS CAUTION ABOUT INTERCONTINENTAL ROMANCE!!! Too many out there are just looking for any easy immigration pass! For heaven sake, don't make the relationship legally binding for at least 5 years. Few can hold up the pretense of love for the long distance run. I think it was foolish for him to destroy his own life to spite her. At least he would have had some start over cash and learned a stern lesson. Talk of "Cutting the nose to spite the face."

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Oct 6, 2012
jenniferatemple said:
I ALWAYS CAUTION ABOUT INTERCONTINENTAL ROMANCE!!! Too many out there are just looking for any easy immigration pass! For heaven sake, don't make the relationship legally binding for at least 5 years. Few can hold up the pretense of love for the long distance run. I think it was foolish for him to destroy his own life to spite her. At least he would have had some start over cash and learned a stern lesson. Talk of "Cutting the nose to spite the face."
I agree and it is converted now in profession too.

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
jenniferatemple said:
ZeroDay said:

I agree on all counts. I've even told him he should have just sold the house and at least he would have had some cash behind him, he doesn't seem to care.

Lifegood

Oct 23, 2013
actually i always try to do good things be a good guy Greg if you know what i mean :)
i will always help other as long as i can

if someone calls you naive for doing a good thing he is well a _______ (fill in the answer your self )

most of the time you don't need a masters degree in philosophy to know what is good
and what is bad
who is is good and who is bad

so to answer the OP question :

Yes it's worth the trouble.

i read somewhere :
saying good job for a bad person will make you worse than him

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.